Barta’s three-word response to Ferentz-to-NFL rumor

HawkeyeHypnosis

Barta’s three-word response to Ferentz-to-NFL rumor | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

SIAP. From article:

In an email response to three questions, here’s how the university’s sports boss replied:

Q: Has Kirk informed you that he plans to talk to anyone about another coaching position?

A: No.

Q: Has anyone asked to interview him?

A: No.

Q: Do you anticipate Kirk being Iowa’s coach next season?

A: Yes.

A Kansas City Star report Monday confirmed Barta’s assertion that Ferentz likely is not an NFL candidate.

Doesn't sound like Barta is buying the hype anymore.
No more extensions.

Not much Barta can say. Three questions to him, and all answered with a grand total of three words.

It's obvious to me that the subject of "Kirk Ferentz" is not a subject Barta wants to spend much time talking about. For several reasons, I understand why. Barta is personally embarrassed in several ways and simply wants the questions on the subject go away.

I heard there was an amendment to Ferentz's contract coming. It includes a pole now that is shoved up the University's arse when he's done. Finally the University finds some pleasure in this whole thing.

I heard there was an amendment to Ferentz's contract coming. It includes a pole now that is shoved up the University's arse when he's done. Finally the University finds some pleasure in this whole thing.

I read somewhere, that the only thing holding this up...are intense negotiations over number and length of spikes that will be attached to said pole. Once they have that hammered out... it's a go.

Realistically think about it this way. Line up the candidates:

NFL coaches who were just fired
Former NFL Coaches Gruden others?
Prominent NCAA coaches - kelly, saban, ..........
A few NFL assistants
Ferentz