Barta = smarter than we give him credit for

Have I really read three pages of ******** trying to convince me that Kirk Ferentz is Gary Barta's boss?

Haha I don't know have you? :p

Gary is Kirk's boss but Kirk has more power within the athletic department. That's my point.

Do you think the AD at Penn State has any power of Joe Pa? AD at Alabama over Saban? Over Tressel at OSU? I don't.

ask mike leach

Mike Leach is no Kirk Ferentz. TT isn't the top team in Texas like Iowa is in this state. He never took them to a BCS game let a lone won a BCS game. He has never won a share of the conference title like Ferentz has.

You are so wrong I don't know where to start, but I will try :D

I am in sales. In my company there is a guy in Tennessee who has brought in 15 million in business. He didn't like his sales manager and so he went over his head and complained to the regional president. Guess what happened? Sales manager was fired. Why? Because the sales manager doesn't make the company the money and he wasn't the talent.

Ferentz is the talent and with the talent comes the power.

College football is not sales and Barta is not a sales manager. Your comparison is more suited to whether or not Ferentz would fire KOK at the behest of Coach Campbell. But then again, you still haven't explained how Kirk would go to Sally Mason and make her fire Gary Barta. Your entire argument is based on a false premise. Until you can show me ONE example of a college football coach getting the AD fired by speaking disparagingly in public about it, you're a clown and the whole world knows it.

You don't get credit for firing the guy that you hired. That is a ridiculous argument.

Jamie Pollard made a mistake hiring Greg McDermott and we didn't have the money to fire him because ISU doesn't have the coin that Iowa has. See I can see the real picture and ADMIT it.

I refuse to believe that McDermotts buyout was bigger than the 2.4 million that Iowa is going to end up paying Lickliter. Eventually, Pollard was going to have to make a decision, because Hilton would be a morgue if he was on the bench this year.

I refuse to believe that McDermotts buyout was bigger than the 2.4 million that Iowa is going to end up paying Lickliter. Eventually, Pollard was going to have to make a decision, because Hilton would be a morgue if he was on the bench this year.

It wasn't that big. But like I said in my post, ISU doesn't have the money that Iowa has. Iowa has more fans and they get a ton of money from the Big 10 network. 2.4 million for Iowa isn't a huge deal. 1.8 million for ISU is.

Mike Leach is no Kirk Ferentz. TT isn't the top team in Texas like Iowa is in this state. He never took them to a BCS game let a lone won a BCS game. He has never won a share of the conference title like Ferentz has.

Wrong. Texas Tech would have won a share of the title if it was possible to in 2008. As you know, there's no way to "share" a conference title when you have a championship game, but in 2008 Texas, TTU, and OU each finished with 1 loss in conference. Ipso facto, if TTU was in the Big XI instead of the Big XII, TTU would have shared the conference. YOU ARE WRONG.

It wasn't that big. But like I said in my post, ISU doesn't have the money that Iowa has. Iowa has more fans and they get a ton of money from the Big 10 network. 2.4 million for Iowa isn't a huge deal. 1.8 million for ISU is.

It shouldn't be....buyouts don't typically come from an athletic dept "general" fund, they typically come directly from big donors. I'd think between Dick Jacobsen or some of the other bigger donors, ISU should have been able to find the cash. Of course, that's assuming those donors trusted Pollard to make a good coaching hire as a replacement. Up until now, the jury is definitely out on that......

College football is not sales and Barta is not a sales manager. Your comparison is more suited to whether or not Ferentz would fire KOK at the behest of Coach Campbell. But then again, you still haven't explained how Kirk would go to Sally Mason and make her fire Gary Barta. Your entire argument is based on a false premise. Until you can show me ONE example of a college football coach getting the AD fired by speaking disparagingly in public about it, you're a clown and the whole world knows it.

What world do you live in? IT'S ALL SALES! What pays for the renovations of Kinnick? Ticket Sales! Concession Sales! Apparral! How do they sell tickets? Winning. Kirk Ferentz is a great salesmen for Iowa b/c he wins.

It's never happened because most AD's in Barta's position know their role. That was my point from the beginning. Ferentz is never going to complain about Barta, why would he? Barta gives him what he needs and stays out of his way.

Wrong. Texas Tech would have won a share of the title if it was possible to in 2008. As you know, there's no way to "share" a conference title when you have a championship game, but in 2008 Texas, TTU, and OU each finished with 1 loss in conference. Ipso facto, if TTU was in the Big XI instead of the Big XII, TTU would have shared the conference. YOU ARE WRONG.

I'm an ISU fan and I don't say we won a share of the conference title.

But how about this, Mike Leach never won the south division. Kirk Ferentz is a better coach and has had much much much more success than Mike Leach

I'm an ISU fan and I don't say we won a share of the conference title.

But how about this, Mike Leach never won the south division. Kirk Ferentz is a better coach and has had much much much more success than Mike Leach

thats not the point. the point is that Barta can fire anyone on the iowa football staff, probably without permission if he wanted. leach tried to call their bluff and got canned.

thats not the point. the point is that Barta can fire anyone on the iowa football staff, probably without permission if he wanted. leach tried to call their bluff and got canned.

Apples and Oranges

Leach is no Ferentz

Leach did something that reflected very poorly to the school on a National stage

I guarantee you that the AD had talks with the president at TT about what to do on the situation.

Look at Larry Eustachy. Not as powerful as Ferentz. Bball coach vs Football coach. He drank with co eds and there were pictures of it. ISU AD had to talk long and hard with the president before firing him.

So unless Ferentz does something illegal he isn't ever getting fired by Barta. He can go 3-9 next year and be fine

You all are not great at reading between the lines. 1) 7-5 won't cut it. 2) Norm is a problem. 3) I am going to let KF deal with it...for now.

KF needs to win 16 games in the next two seasons to avoid being on the hot seat.

He is our coach 100% through 2012 regardless of what happens next year as well he should be.

Short of a string of disasterous seasons/events (7 win type seasons don't fall in this category), KF is here for as long as he wants...

Latest posts