Barta & Mason must be held Accountable

H8IAST8

If Mason votes for Iowa in the East therefore losing 2 of our 3 rivalries, she must be held acountable. The tailgating rules were the tip of the iceberg and will only get worse. Now we could possibly lose Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska and possibly Illinois? I don't know if the vote will be public, but i hope the media and website owners pressure her for an answer on how she voted. I also hope that send a barrage of questions at Barta and ask him what specifically he did to try to save Iowa in the West.

Conspiracy theory much? Correct me if I'm wrong, (and I definitely could be wrong) but no decision has been made concerning the divisions. Why does everyone have this "sky is falling" attitude. Do you know something I don't? Why would Mason vote for Iowa in the East if Barta wants Iowa in the west. Surely he would be able to convince her otherwise, along with EVERYONE else in the athletic dept. Like a lot of people, I too think Sally Mason is a drip, but I can't see her being that dumb.

I absolutely agree. They are too worried about people drinking on Saturdays than what is happening to the future of the Big 10 as it relates to Iowa. Way to step up Barta!

How on Earth could Iowa lose out on being in a division with Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska. It is just stupid.

I absolutely agree. They are too worried about people drinking on Saturdays than what is happening to the future of the Big 10 as it relates to Iowa. Way to step up Barta!

How on Earth could Iowa lose out on being in a division with Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska. It is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. If you have been in a hole the last two days, I will understand that you missed the whole Iowa and Wisconsin will be split up. Right now i think there is a 50/50 chance that Iowa goes East. The presidents will be voting very soon if they havent already. Sally's vot e won't be "Iowa in the East or West". the divisions will be placed be for her to vote yes or no. and if she votes yes on Iowa to the EAST she must be held accountable. I really don't think that is mob mentality at all.

As a Clone fan, I'd rather see Iowa play western located Big 10 teams. hopefully you guys get that.

I would suggest that both of you calm down and see what actually happens before you start burning people at the stake.

Iowa isn't going to the East. Wisconsin, maybe, but if Michigan replaces them, I don't think it's a big deal.

If Mason votes for Iowa in the East

Anyone want to read the thread before they accuse me of "buring people at the stake". There is one week to get the word out that the fans will not be happy being seperated from Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin. So if a divisional alignment is placed in front of Mason that has Iowa in the East, she would be wise to vote no.

How on Earth could Iowa lose out on being in a division with Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska. It is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. If you have been in a hole the last two days, I will understand that you missed the whole Iowa and Wisconsin will be split up. Right now i think there is a 50/50 chance that Iowa goes East. The presidents will be voting very soon if they havent already. Sally's vot e won't be "Iowa in the East or West". the divisions will be placed be for her to vote yes or no. and if she votes yes on Iowa to the EAST she must be held accountable. I really don't think that is mob mentality at all.

I wasn't disagreeing. Any divisional alignment that separates Iowa with all three of those teams is a slap in the face to Iowa and if our AD and President allow it to happen they should be rung up. Simple as that.

Anyone want to read the thread before they accuse me of "buring people at the stake". There is one week to get the word out that the fans will not be happy being seperated from Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin. So if a divisional alignment is placed in front of Mason that has Iowa in the East, she would be wise to vote no.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that this has all ready happened. I wouldn't be a big fan of going to the East either, but I think that any chance of that happening is pretty slim. Therefore, I'm not going to to worry about it.

I would suggest that both of you calm down and see what actually happens before you start burning people at the stake.

Iowa isn't going to the East. Wisconsin, maybe, but if Michigan replaces them, I don't think it's a big deal.

Yeah, great idea lets wait until we get screwed before we voice our opinion. Barta and Mason hopefully realize that fans will be absolutely up in arms if this happens.

I hope your'e right.

No, actually i said there is one week if the presidents haven't voted already. Also i don't think the BT will place divisional alignments in front of the presidents without having a clue on how they will vote. Much like telling your representative how you feel about an impending vote, I want Mason to know how Hawkeye Nation feels about hers. The only difference is we don't know what will be placed in front of her so she has to know what is not acceptable should that divisional alignment with Iowa in the East arise.

+

You are nuts if you don't think Barta and Osbourne have a deal stating Iowa and Nebby are to remain in the same division. Iowa wants it, Nebby wants it, it will happen. Wisconsin to the East makes much more sense. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong....but I'm betting Nebby's opinion will matter quite a bit.

No, actually i said there is one week if the presidents haven't voted already. Also i don't think the BT will place divisional alignments in front of the presidents without having a clue on how they will vote. Much like telling your representative how you feel about an impending vote, I want Mason to know how Hawkeye Nation feels about hers. The only difference is we don't know what will be placed in front of her so she has to know what is not acceptable should that divisional alignment with Iowa in the East arise.

One week because that is when the vote will happen, or because that's when the season starts?

Also, a better way to voice your opinion would probably be to send her an email, as I'm going to guess she doesn't read this site.

I think geographical seperation makes sense. But i see the writing on the wall.
Right now i think there is a 50/50 chance that Iowa goes East
Again we have less than 1 week to let it be known that we do not want iowa in the East.

One week because that is when the vote will happen, or because that's when the season starts?

Also, a better way to voice your opinion would probably be to send her an email, as I'm going to guess she doesn't read this site.

Are you gonna insit on being a DB?

There was an article stating they expect the divsions in place the day before OSU's first game which is a week away. Some have been stating mid September, so i am not sure which is right.

Last edited:
Yeah, great idea lets wait until we get screwed before we voice our opinion. Barta and Mason hopefully realize that fans will be absolutely up in arms if this happens.

I hope your'e right.

I agree...once the decision is made, no amount of complaining will change it. Barta and Mason (and I'd like to see Tom Osborne from Nebraska weigh in on this, too) need to stand up NOW.

Alvarez obviously isn't taking a "wait and see" attitude. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I have a feeling its too late. If it is known that Mich-OSU and Iowa-Wisconsin are in seperate divisions than i am sure they are already done. It was stated several days ago they are 80% done. At this point our only hope is that Wisconsin goes East.

One thing I know for sure - emails from fans to the President is not going to decide Iowa's fate

I dont get why people are working themselves into such a tizzy about this when they have no idea what is true or isnt true. Look back at the expansion discussions to see how much time was wasted kicking around various scenarios

Latest posts