Barta isn't going anywhere....

QuadCityHawkeye

As long as the current president is still at Iowa. They both knew each other prior to Harreld taking the position at Iowa. He won't be the one to fire him. Harreld probably wants to leave at some point as I don't think he's well liked with the admin and he's not exactly young.

Bottom line is if Harreld is here then Barta is here.

As long as the current president is still at Iowa. They both knew each other prior to Harreld taking the position at Iowa. He won't be the one to fire him. Harreld probably wants to leave at some point as I don't think he's well liked with the admin and he's not exactly young.

Bottom line is if Harreld is here then Barta is here.
AD’s no longer have any power anyway. With the way contracts now hold universities hostage (see kf contract) it is in the hands of the big boosters primarily followed by the board of regents if it is somehow a “for cause” issue. The days of the AD making the call are long gone

AD’s no longer have any power anyway. With the way contracts now hold universities hostage (see kf contract) it is in the hands of the big boosters primarily followed by the board of regents if it is somehow a “for cause” issue. The days of the AD making the call are long gone
Not true in every instance. I'd bet you Barry Alvarez has something to say about that.

If Barta wasn't ousted over the whole Meyer/Greisbaum fiasco I'm not sure anything relating to success of the sports programs will.

Barta is a STOOGE. Do we really need to re-cap all of his blunders?! Handling of the Rhabdo incident...the Meyer/Greisbaum matter....the prior softball HC hire....the last Ferentz contract....hell the last McCaffrey contract.....I ...hiring Lickliter....I mean it's a living nightmare of almost every blunder known to MAN he has made....so no GB isn't going anywhere until he is diagnosed with Alzheimer's or he passes away.

Barta is a STOOGE. Do we really need to re-cap all of his blunders?! Handling of the Rhabdo incident...the Meyer/Greisbaum matter....the prior softball HC hire....the last Ferentz contract....hell the last McCaffrey contract.....I ...hiring Lickliter....I mean it's a living nightmare of almost every blunder known to MAN he has made....so no GB isn't going anywhere until he is diagnosed with Alzheimer's or he passes away.

Maybe already has?

500,000 per year to finish somewhere around last place in the directors cup most years. And kids making minimum wage will get fired the first time they come back from lunch 5 minutes late.
Makes sense.:confused:

Latest posts