"Barta has been good for Iowa athletics" Article in Gazette

My point is (and it is hard for Iowa fans to remember) that Ferentz had a fabulous season in 2009 (Orange Bowl) and a very good season in 2013 (ending in the Outback Bowl against LSU).

I'll bet someone like you got a real rise out of the 2013 season.

8-5, putrid non-conference schedule as usual, beat no top 25 teams and looked impotent against the ones we played.

"Highlights" include almost giving the ISU game away with a huge lead vs. a POS Cyclone Team.

Getting out-rushed at home vs. the MSU punter.

Spending the entire first quarter in Wisconsin territory only to come away with a whole 3 points.

Looking like we couldn't make a first down if our lives depended on it vs. LSU until Beathard came in.

If Iowa doesn't play an NU team down to their 3rd string QB and a shredded offensive we are 7-6...........again.

Next time you're firing up the commemorative DVD from that "very good season" let me know and I'll rush right over.

Appartently, the Cedar Rapids Gazette is doing a 4 part series on Gary Barta's time at Iowa. The main title of the first article says it all...should it not read has been good for fundraising?

I read the entire article in the first series and they do point out some of the downsides of his tenure, but I immediately got a chuckle out of the main headline.

Yes he has been good, at fund raising only, unfortunately that's only part of the job, the rest of it he seems to suck at. Bad contracts, bad decision making, bad judgement and bad suits.

LOL .
Here are the programs that are in much better shape than when
Barta took over.

Men's Basketball
Women's Basketball
Wrestling
Iowa Baseball
Soccer
Men's and Women's Track
Men's and Women's Golf

Clearly Barta deserves a rai$e and a few negative posters on a message board, really,
isn't going to change that $how me the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

And none of that makes up for the mess he and Sally made out of football.

Last edited:
Ok...here goes..I guess nobody took the warning seriously or saw it.

Gary Barta is a fu cking dip sh it. He might be great for fundraising but he and his fuc king stupid as s morons that run the public relations dept need to get the fu ck out.
-These are the same fuc king co cksuckers that have rolled out the reseating at the worst fuc king god d amn time.
-That fuc king dic khead offered me a $70 food voucher to renew this season. That would buy me 14 of his god da mn fuc king overpriced mother fuc king ice cream sandwiches in the sh itty kids area outside of kinnick. That’s right. If I renew my season tickets I could get 1!!!! Fuc king box of fu cking ice cream sandwiches. Thanks fu cker! I feel valued!
-This stupid a s s had to sign off on some other morons idea to put fuc king red pom poms out when we were playing FU CKING WISCONSIN!!!!!!
-This Shi thead watered down the gameday environment.
-This stupid worthless piece of gad da mn monkey fuc king sh it had to be walking into fu cking Carver Hawkeye arena every fuc king game looking at the faded fuc king big screens and either didn’t give a sh it that it looked like that or was too fu cking stupid to realize that a division one AD with a fu cking squirrel brain would fix it to make it look like a division one facility
-This is also the individual who had to sign off on the ridiculously stupid and insanely fu cking laugable “Let’s Get Mad Again†slogan which even schools with the S Hitiest PR departments are still laughing at.
-This is also the monkey fuc ker that was too much of a shi thead to do anything other than throw together the Roy Marble halftime thing which looked like a bunch of 1st grade students high on acid put it together in 10 minutes.
-And finally this is the stupid fuc ker that had to have signed off on the stupid survey questions which are ridiculous as well as the “Ticket Lottery†which was not checked on ahead of time.

So in conclusion…he might have done some good for the university but this fuc ker and his pr department cant stay the F uck out of their own god d amn way. Get the Fu Ck out of our fu cking state!!!!!! The title of this article should read “Moron Barta Fu cks up Iowa athletic department!â€
Go ahead and ban me!

I think Barta should be fired for what he apparently is doing to monkeys.

Latest posts