Barta first

Remember when Michigan fans had enough of their AD and how bad their football program was a few years ago? The students marched to his house and protested, they also held protests on campus and the UofM Presidents home.

Michigan3-master675.jpg

Believe it or not, but I remember a time when mopkins had decent takes.

duuuuuude it was a fucking JOKE. thats why i said the word "semantics"....TWICE. thats also why i included a fucking gif of someone cheering over the word semantics. Nobody actually thinks Iowa won the 2015 big ten football title.

jesus tap dancing christ some of you guys get so worked up over the dumbest of shit.

edit: In the future maybe I will put the words "heavy sarcasm" at the bottom of my posts and tag a few of you in it just to make sure you realize I was being sarcastic. FML

I don't know if I've ever seen an institution be so fine and OK with absolute and continuing mediocrity out of an AD. It boggles the mind.

I don't know if I've ever seen an institution be so fine and OK with absolute and continuing mediocrity out of an AD. It boggles the mind.

As a fan of the Hawkeyes and St Louis Cardinals, this is the new normal for me. The Cardinals are run like a business and to be profitable. Success is just a bonus. The Cardinals know 3,000,000 fans will walk through the gates every year regardless of what their payroll or on the field success is. Now apply that logic to the Hawkeyes and you can see why they love Barta so much. He brings in the phat dollar billz.

As a fan of the Hawkeyes and St Louis Cardinals, this is the new normal for me. The Cardinals are run like a business and to be profitable. Success is just a bonus. The Cardinals know 3,000,000 fans will walk through the gates every year regardless of what their payroll or on the field success is. Now apply that logic to the Hawkeyes and you can see why they love Barta so much. He brings in the phat dollar billz.

I'm a Royals fan, but I completely agree with you about the Cardinals.

However, as it relates to the Hawkeyes.....under Barta's watch, football attendance has dipped to it's lowest point since when KF took over the program. We used to have season ticket sellouts on a regular basis, but haven't had a season sellout since 2011; under Barta's watch, men's basketball attendance dipped to the worst ever in Carver when Lick was here, it's now getting back to that low point againi very quickly. Barta has had nothing to do with the TV money that's come pouring in....that's Delaney and his folks at the Big 10 front offices. We are now going on 3 straight years of having our athletic dept in the red when it used to constantly be in the black. He cost the department an add'l $6.5M in unnecessary expense by failing to document personnel issues. You could literally put a monkey in the AD spot right now and there'd be no difference in athletic department performance....financial or otherwise.....

However, as it relates to the Hawkeyes.....under Barta's watch, football attendance has dipped to it's lowest point since when KF took over the program. We used to have season ticket sellouts on a regular basis, but haven't had a season sellout since 2011; under Barta's watch, men's basketball attendance dipped to the worst ever in Carver when Lick was here, it's now getting back to that low point againi very quickly. Barta has had nothing to do with the TV money that's come pouring in....that's Delaney and his folks at the Big 10 front offices. We are now going on 3 straight years of having our athletic dept in the red when it used to constantly be in the black. He cost the department an add'l $6.5M in unnecessary expense by failing to document personnel issues. You could literally put a monkey in the AD spot right now and there'd be no difference in athletic department performance....financial or otherwise.....

I was actually shocked that they didn't use the Griesbaum thing to fire Barta. But seeing that they didn't fire him for that, you can (probably) read between the lines to tell that they approve of what he's doing...at our expense.

This so much. Our athletics are mediocre at BEST and Barta shouldn't be getting ANY credit for the financials that come from BTN. Show me where he ranks in comparison to his peers ex BTN revenue before you call him some kind of financial genius. I bet its not good.

Latest posts