Barta Are you for real?

longtimer

Normally I don't like to rag on our coaches or AD (although I do think Barta may be the worst AD in the universe) but I just heard on the news we were dropping the Hy Vee classic where we play Drake or UNI because of scheduling issues!! Now I don't have the whole story at this time but really with the absolute crap teams we schedule for much of the non conference schedule it's very hard to believe we need to drop a series which has state interest and also benefits the other Iowa schools

Someone enlighten me as there must be some logical reason behind this????

I dont know how to enlighten you about this but there better be a couple of other good games to be the replacements. We play a pretty crappy non con schedule

Normally I don't like to rag on our coaches or AD (although I do think Barta may be the worst AD in the universe) but I just heard on the news we were dropping the Hy Vee classic where we play Drake or UNI because of scheduling issues!! Now I don't have the whole story at this time but really with the absolute crap teams we schedule for much of the non conference schedule it's very hard to believe we need to drop a series which has state interest and also benefits the other Iowa schools

Someone enlighten me as there must be some logical reason behind this????

LT, we're dropping the Big Four Classic because we're moving to a 20 game conference schedule.

hey, tk, been meaning to try and catch up with you. i've her the D Reg is reporting Iowa backing off Locure, to a degree. have you heard that?
I haven't heard that other than the Bain article, but I've never heard that they were all that interested anyway. I really don't think Fran will go hard after any point guards in the '19 class if Carton goes elsewhere.

and Oregon and Syracuse/UConn. you're right.
Oregon & Syracuse finished 10th in their respective conferences last year and UConn finished 8th in the AAC. Pitt finished dead last in the ACC with a record of 8-24 and then we have Bryant :rolleyes:. If Fran can't pull together 20 wins this season, that's just pathetic.

The games in Des Moines are pretty dead anyway. I have been to every one of them, and each year a sparse crowd gets even more sparse the following year. It was time to kill that game in Des Moines.

The games in Des Moines are pretty dead anyway. I have been to every one of them, and each year a sparse crowd gets even more sparse the following year. It was time to kill that game in Des Moines.

Good info, I had never been to that event even though I only live 5 miles away. BBall is great in Carver against Big 10 teams.

I haven't heard that other than the Bain article, but I've never heard that they were all that interested anyway. I really don't think Fran will go hard after any point guards in the '19 class if Carton goes elsewhere.

Oregon & Syracuse finished 10th in their respective conferences last year and UConn finished 8th in the AAC. Pitt finished dead last in the ACC with a record of 8-24 and then we have Bryant :rolleyes:. If Fran can't pull together 20 wins this season, that's just pathetic.

but they're tougher than Drake or UNI, right? ;)

I think if iowa is backing away from locure, we might push hard for hutchins out of NY. i'd be really ok with that. I never thought we were given more than a token look from DJ.

now, if it was an actual round robin where each team played, then that'd be different. but iowa and isu ain't giving up a home game against the other for a matchup in des moines. so, yeah, dead.

but they're tougher than Drake or UNI, right? ;)

I think if iowa is backing away from locure, we might push hard for hutchins out of NY. i'd be really ok with that. I never thought we were given more than a token look from DJ.
I think we both look like fools over here talking bout point guards and Iowa. What 4 or 5 star PG would want to play for Fran at this point? :(

From the article;

“Oklahoma State's 2018 recruiting class finished 32nd in ESPN's national rankings. Previous classes have ranked 35th, 46th, 34th, 28th and 27th. Gundy has coached the Cowboys to three consecutive 10-win seasons, six 10-win seasons in the past eight and six AP top-20 finishes since 2010.”

How would it be to have an AD like this??? This is how it suppose to be. Constantly striving to be better and to improve. Not this floating face down mindset like we have in Iowa.

OSU does have those ocean beaches to help draw recruits in. :rolleyes:

I suppose a few “barely above the Iowa State food chain” are getting out a map to see what ocean borders Oklahoma. Probably the same few that like Barta and also the ones who are satisfied with the 7-5 seasons.

Last edited:
From the article;

“Oklahoma State's 2018 recruiting class finished 32nd in ESPN's national rankings. Previous classes have ranked 35th, 46th, 34th, 28th and 27th. Gundy has coached the Cowboys to three consecutive 10-win seasons, six 10-win seasons in the past eight and six AP top-20 finishes since 2010.”

How would it be to have an AD like this??? This is how it suppose to be. Constantly striving to be better and to improve. Not this floating face down mindset like we have in Iowa.

I suppose a few “barely above the Iowa State food chain” are getting out a map to see what ocean borders Oklahoma. Probably the same few that like Barta and also the ones who are satisfied with the 7-5 seasons.

I'm willing to bet any amount that you want that either A. that AD is gone within 2 seasons or B. Gundy is gone within 2 seasons. Name the price.

I'm willing to bet any amount that you want that either A. that AD is gone within 2 seasons or B. Gundy is gone within 2 seasons. Name the price.

Oklahoma St. would be insane to get rid of Gundy. 96 wins over the last 10 years that is good for 8th best over that time period for P5 teams (TCU and Boise are just above them, but they aren't or weren't P5 that entire time).

and Oregon and Syracuse/UConn. you're right.

That's part of a tournament. Iowa is going to play a preseason tournament every year because it's absolutely foolish not to.

I think a big thing is that this game is taking away a home game, and not only that, it's taking it away during a time the students are in class. When you think about it, those preseason tournaments are on the road, the Big 4 was on the road, etc. Same with ISU. That means basically every game that has any meaning is on the road early on. I honestly don't think that's good for the season ticket holders, which are also your big donors.

It's a tournament style atmosphere. ISU and Iowa bought up most of the tickets, and then didn't show up to the other game. It was always going to be a poor butts in the seats event based on it's design. I actually never went, ISU played OSU and Creighton there prior to this event getting set up and I just never liked the basketball experience in Wells.

Oklahoma St. would be insane to get rid of Gundy. 96 wins over the last 10 years that is good for 8th best over that time period for P5 teams (TCU and Boise are just above them, but they aren't or weren't P5 that entire time).

oh absolutely, they can barely hold on to him. That was my point. Either that AD is gonna get shown the door for being a dip shit, or Gundy isn't gonna be feeling the love and bolt. It's all fun to act like you want an AD with a big stick, but Gundy is the best thing going for that shit hole program in a bad town. You been to Okie City? It's a truck stop and his name comes up every time an SEC job opens up

Are you thinking something is a foul there or that this is just a stepping stone for both of them? If your right why can’t be get so lucky and jettison Barta?

From the article;

Gutless Gary would give him a life time contract.