Barring injuries who are your players of the year for offense and defense?

uihawk82

It is time to start talking hawkeye football. As the title suggests I am going to go with Jordan Canzeri on offense based really on the work of the OLine with Scherrf as my backup pick. I think JC is going to make some long, dazzling runs.

I am going co-POTY on defense with the two bruising tackles, Davis and Passat.

I would love to think Ruddock could win it which would mean a high scoring offense with few passing game mistakes. We shall see.

Who do you have in mind?

Assuming that the "name" players produce, the one guy I would particularly like to see playing at a high level is Alston.

Jake Rudock - A lot of people will get the ball, but no offensive player will dominate. Rudock’s improved play and leadership will control an improved offense. He still won’t have the arm to throw the deep ball but he will significantly improve his game. An improved passing game will open up the running game a bit more.

Carl Davis - Carl Davis on the defensive line will be the anchor for the rest of the defense. Much like the offense I see the defensive backfield having a lot of good contributors doing it right, but without a real standout player.

I’ll throw in:
Most improved starter; offense, OG Jordan Walsh; defense, DE Drew Ott
Best new starter; offense, WR Derrick Willies; defense, LB Quinton Alston

Either Rudock or whatever RB gets the most touches on O ( I hope for Canzeri but could be Weisman I think Wesiman will have more TDs)

On D I'll go with Alston. I think King won't get picked on much. It's why I really hope Flemming can step in and do well but he'll be picked on for awhile if not a lot depending on how he does. I think big Carl will be doubled a lot. I think he'll make his plays and his presence felt but not as many as Alston.

I think Willies has great upside but he's young. Probably will be up and down some. I have a gut feeling ray Hamilton will come up huge this year and on d I like Alston to be a beast.

Rudock and King.

I look for massive improvements in JR's game this year after a full year of experience.

Think the jump Stanzi made from 2009 to 2010. It will come a year earlier for Rudock.

Rudock and King.

I look for massive improvements in JR's game this year after a full year of experience.

Think the jump Stanzi made from 2009 to 2010. It will come a year earlier for Rudock.

Jake really needs to improve a great deal for this team to be good. I know it’s just one “gameâ€￾ but what I saw in the spring game doesn’t leave me all warm and fuzzy.

Mark Weisman for non-OL, Scherff for OL; Davis for DL, King for non-DL.

Weisman will be key because, when healthy, he is our most consistent RB. King, despite probably not subject to being picked on this year, is also great in run support and really leads and fires up teammates with big plays.

Scherff and Davis need no explanation.

Rudock and King. Maybe hoping a bit on Rudock, as he will have to be very impressive to beat out Scherff as player of the year on the offensive side of the ball.

Really hope to see King take another step forward. With the inexperience in the secondary, if King steps up his game, and can shut down 1/2 the field, this D will be very, very good.

Latest posts