Barring an invite to the CFP....

SpiderRico

Would you rather see Iowa in the Rose vs Stanford or the Fiesta vs. Notre Dame. Don't get me wrong, I love the Rose as much as the next guy, but for me, the bowls are all about the match ups, and I'd love nothing more than to get a shot at ND. So count me in the "Fiesta vs ND" crowd.

What say you?

Its been a goal of mine for as long as I remember to watch iowa play in the rose bowl. So I'll choose that

I would say the Rose since Iowa had such great seasons in 2002 and 2009 and got a BCS bowl, but not the Rose Bowl. A lot of the older fans like my father would really appreciate seeing Iowa in the Rose Bowl, so even though I slightly prefer Fiesta vs ND I would want the Rose just for some of the other Hawk fans I know.

If it's the rose bowl my wife and I plan on going. It's on our bucket list. You can all thank us and here's why. We live in KC and the world series was on our bucket list. She entered the lottery to buy tickets and got selected, so we bought two tickets to game 1. A 14 inning classic. Happily got home at 2 am. The Rose Bowl is now on our list. The Hawks last won there in 1958. I was born in 1958. the numbers all align. I am on a roll. Bank on it. And oh yeah, You're Welcome!

If it's the rose bowl my wife and I plan on going. It's on our bucket list. You can all thank us and here's why. We live in KC and the world series was on our bucket list. She entered the lottery to buy tickets and got selected, so we bought two tickets to game 1. A 14 inning classic. Happily got home at 2 am. The Rose Bowl is now on our list. The Hawks last won there in 1958. I was born in 1958. the numbers all align. I am on a roll. Bank on it. And oh yeah, You're Welcome!

You want us to thank you for the Hawks not making the playoff?

I know this may not mirror the majority, but IMO the Rose Bowl has lost its luster as "the final destination each season" since the BCS took off. While definitely still a dream come true and perfect way to end a season, in my opinion its no longer the ultimate goal. It is now ranked below the playoffs and depending on the match up I think I'd rather play ND, simply because I hate the domers.

There was a time when wanted nothing more than to win the Rose Bowl, but truthfully I'd be disappointed if we won out and ended up there. My first choice would obviously be playoffs, but I'm more intrigued at the matchups and would rather play the best teams out there. I think at this point that would be ND over the winner of the PAC 12.

Playing Notre Dame would give us a bigger TV audience to impress, but it's hard to pass up the Rose Bowl.

Rose Bowl. For reasons above. I have a deal with my wife that if/when Iowa goes to the Rose Bowl, we will go. Doubt I can convince her of anything else.

Does anyone know which sideline the Hawks would be if at either? I live Tempe so Fiesta would be nice but I'm hoping Rose and getting to experience that. Does anyone know as looking to buy some seats and want to be Iowa side. Go Hawks!

Latest posts