Barkley Hill to transfer

That's cool...just in time for him to return to Kinnick and rush for 100+ and a couple of scores.

Sort of surprising. I thought he looked pretty good at the spring game as he seemed to have good cuts, speed burst, lean etc. but maybe he didnt think he could climb the depth chart.

Too bad because we lose MW and Bullock after this year, Canzeri also????

If its one thing Iowa fans have learned in the last decade, it's you can never have enough running backs.

Weisman moved to fullback = Hill stays

I couldn't agree more, as long as Canzeri, Daniels, and Bullock are hurt. He's fifth on the depth chart now...with a couple of highly touted freshman coming in. It would have been fun to see what would have happened if he hadn't gotten hurt...but while he was rehabbing...guys were improving. Now it's an uphill battle...no pun intended.

Sort of surprising. I thought he looked pretty good at the spring game as he seemed to have good cuts, speed burst, lean etc. but maybe he didnt think he could climb the depth chart.

Too bad because we lose MW and Bullock after this year, Canzeri also????

Canzeri will be a junior this year, so as of today, 2015 depth will look like:

Canzeri
Daniels
Parker/Wadley/Smith/Hilliard

Based almost solely on recruiting videos and HS numbers, I would expect Smith to break away from the other three and compete with Daniels to be the thunder to Canzeri's lightning.

hill not 10th string, he doesn't transfer to UNI.

dolt.

Thanks, I didn't quite catch your point without the childish insult. Makes it much more clear. At least now your day is complete.

But better you get it out here, rather than beat your wife, demean some guy at work or berate the poor server at your lunch stop tomorrow. Not that it'll stop you.

Last edited:
Isn't he the one who committed to ISU and then flipped to Iowa late in the process?

Interesting that he's now ending up at UNI. Seemed like a good kid though. Wish him nothing but the best. I don't think he's going to be starting anytime soon at UNI either. They have a couple pretty damn good RB's already. His knee injury set him back. Really an unfortunate situation for him because I believe at the time of his knee injury he was making a move towards the top of the depth chart.

Seen him play at Cedar Falls, very quick... at least before the injury. For him, this will be a return to his hometown, a chance to play before his family, etc.

I wish him all the best.

Hasn't Kirk learned anything from Fred? You wait until you have the transfer in place before you yank the scholarship........er, I mean let Hill transfer.

The guy besides getting hurt was caught up in a numbers game. Plain and simple the 3 or 4 guys ahead of him he wasn't going to bump and Iowa's got 3 or 4 guys behind him right on his heels. Don't blame him one bit for wanting to transfer somewhere. Not sure UNI is the place to go however if he wants to play much right away. David Johnson is a stud and between rushes and receptions had like 250 touches last yr. He's their work horse and they'll ride him as much or more this year. Maybe Hill can be the man there the following year I'm not sure what they'll have other then Johnson this year.

Latest posts