Banks > Griffin

ferentz4life

Unfortunately, Brad had his great season during a year with many other standouts. (Palmer, McGahee, Dorsey,etc.) Also, Banks was the front runner late into the year until USC beat up an overrated Notre Dame team at home. After that, Herbstreit and the other ESPN clowns started slobbering all over Palmer, and the race was over at that point.

Also, I love how so many "experts" have said this year that the Heisman should go to the "best player" even if that players team is not in the NC chase. Guess those experts somehow missed Shonn Greene in 2008.

That is all.

I love Banks but he is no RG3. Like I told a buddy, It's about time the award goes to the player that actually deserves it.

Unfortunately, Brad had his great season during a year with many other standouts. (Palmer, McGahee, Dorsey,etc.) Also, Banks was the front runner late into the year until USC beat up an overrated Notre Dame team at home. After that, Herbstreit and the other ESPN clowns started slobbering all over Palmer, and the race was over at that point.

Also, I love how so many "experts" have said this year that the Heisman should go to the "best player" even if that players team is not in the NC chase. Guess those experts somehow missed Shonn Greene in 2008.

That is all.

Wow. I love me some Brad Banks, but RG3 is lightyears better. Cannon for an arm, outstanding accuracy, world-class hurdler (could have made the Olympic team were it not for football). And he's got all of the intangibles, too. He also plays for BAYLOR. Banks had the benefit of the best o-line in school history (which is saying something), a great 1-2 punch at running back, a HOF-caliber tight end and kicker, and a good defense. Griffin had considerably less help than Banks had, yet he put up far better numbers. And he passes the eyeball test.

It's about time the award goes to the player that actually deserves it.

Any player in the SEC even punters deserves the heisman before any other conferences best player.... Greene deserved it I think, but I also think Wisconsins RB whats his name has really put up amazing numbers. Only reason I say whats his name is because ESPN never said s*** about Ball.

ESPN tells us who should play for the NC, and which conference is the "best," so why should the Heisman be any different? This year they decided the best player on the best team didnt need to win the Heisman, and so, it was done.

ESPN tells us who should play for the NC, and which conference is the "best," so why should the Heisman be any different? This year they decided the best player on the best team didnt need to win the Heisman, and so, it was done.

Well, they picked the right player, anyway. Griffin is way better than Banks ever was. There's a reason Griffin will be a 1st round pick and Banks is playing in the Arena League, and it ain't because ESPN likes him more.

Wow. I love me some Brad Banks, but RG3 is lightyears better. Cannon for an arm, outstanding accuracy, world-class hurdler (could have made the Olympic team were it not for football). And he's got all of the intangibles, too. He also plays for BAYLOR. Banks had the benefit of the best o-line in school history (which is saying something), a great 1-2 punch at running back, a HOF-caliber tight end and kicker, and a good defense. Griffin had considerably less help than Banks had, yet he put up far better numbers. And he passes the eyeball test.

Troy Davis strongly agrees with your "less help" argument. I forget, though, did that argument win him the Heisman?

Either you did not watch the 2002 Hawkeyes or you are dumb (or both). Which is it?

Either you didn't watch Robert Griffin, or you're dumb (or both). Which is it?

The 2002 Iowa TEAM had a better year than Baylor did this year. Griffin had a better season than Banks did.

That is all.

Lol, you are an idiot

Troy Davis strongly agrees with your "less help" argument. I forget, though, did that argument win him the Heisman?

I didn't say having less help from his team aided Griffin's case. But in the argument of who's better between Griffin and Banks, that fact is VERY relevant.

We had great success with a mobile QB. Im a younger fan, so, I have no idea how we ended up using Banks since the staff today would avoid it at all costs.

Banks would drop back and have all day to throw. He would just sit there behind that monster line and wait for someone to come open.

RG3 is a totally different level.

Latest posts