Bandwagon

Iowa grad, season ticket holder, fan since the early 70s.

Presser was no more than a death-bed confession.
Borne much more out of desperation than a transformation.

With that said, I'm renewing tix again. Color me me a fan.

I was at about 90% complete despair before the presser. Now I'm at about 80% and here is why.

1. Other than the "Let me muster one up for you" interview, this is the most candid we have seen Ferentz. We could all tell over the last 3 years he hasn't watched a lot of football and now at least he admits it and is going to address it.

2. No coaching changes. I know it sounds weird but, if a revamp of the staff happened that tells me that he is sticking around for the long haul. With no changes I feel that this could be a one and done scenario. If it doesn't get turned around next year he will go.

I'm still buying tickets next year because like that ***** girlfriend who breaks your heart from time to time I still cant quit her.

I thought the presser was worthless and it didn't excite me at all, but I love Iowa football and just want to win. I'd love to see a ticked off Iowa team come out next season with a rejuvenated Ferentz not putting up with crap from any team and having another 2008 type season. Not sure if it will happen or not but the possibility always keeps be on the bandwagon. Personally I think Barta and Ferentz need to go but that isn't going to happen. I also am not a fan of Greg Davis but it's clear the staff will largely remain the same. I just want Iowa to get back to winning and I don't care who the coach is.

I thought the presser was worthless and it didn't excite me at all, but I love Iowa football and just want to win. I'd love to see a ticked off Iowa team come out next season with a rejuvenated Ferentz not putting up with crap from any team and having another 2008 type season. Not sure if it will happen or not but the possibility always keeps be on the bandwagon. Personally I think Barta and Ferentz need to go but that isn't going to happen. I also am not a fan of Greg Davis but it's clear the staff will largely remain the same. I just want Iowa to get back to winning and I don't care who the coach is.

I would love this to, and even if KF recommits to football this offseason.....we don't have the players. 2014 was the year to make some noise, build recruiting up with a good season.

Looking at our depth chart, what do we have? Our OL is going to be small and inexperienced. We don't have much outside of Smith and Duzey as passing game threats (and we have yet to use a TE smartly in Greg Davis offense). Our RB are small, slower, and have a tendency to get hurt or have fumble issues. CJ gives us some hope, but he's going to make a lot of mistakes in 2015. I just hope he makes more big plays to offset.

Don't even want to talk about the defense.

It is going to take years to turn this program around, and I don't see KF having it in him.