Bama: 24 PSU: 3

This means that if ST didn't suck against Arizona we would be a top 5 team. Right next to Bama. Were good enough, I will always say that Arizona didn't beat us that game, we beat ourselves.

This means that if ST didn't suck against Arizona we would be a top 5 team. Right next to Bama. Were good enough, I will always say that Arizona didn't beat us that game, we beat ourselves.

I have a really strong feeling that we will look back on November 27 after we blow by Minnesota and think of the Arizona game much like we did the ISU game in 2002. I think we are THAT good. All we can do now though is control the next 7 though.

what's there to discuss? because of the score being the same, and our comparison to bama by the commentator is the only thing similar. it did feel like we toyed with them at times (already mentioned in another thread).

we were actually better than bama if you go by pure statistics:
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Alabama Crimson Tide - Box Score - September 11, 2010 - ESPN
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Box Score - October 02, 2010 - ESPN

we beat them statistically in:
-defensive Rushing yards
-Defensive 3rd down efficiency
-Forced LESS turnovers (forcing us to play better "standard" defense)
-we won in the T.O.P. battle, while bama didn't....at home.
-total yards we would have won had we not allowed 50+ yds on that last drive.

Keep in mind Ferentz isn't Saban and the score differential could have been much greater. I don't think it needed to be and thought we nailed it but don't think for a second that the score is indicative of what it could have been with a Saban leaded team.

It means very little. Trying to compare college football teams by the score of a common opponent is pointless.

Bama is the number 1 team in the nation until someone beats them. I think Iowa is good, and could possibly even beat Bama. But, I also believe Iowa can be beat by more teams than Bama.

I have a really strong feeling that we will look back on November 27 after we blow by Minnesota and think of the Arizona game much like we did the ISU game in 2002. I think we are THAT good. All we can do now though is control the next 7 though.

Agreed, I know that we need to go one game at a time, but I feel much more confident about tOSU game after watching them play yesterday.

what's there to discuss? because of the score being the same, and our comparison to bama by the commentator is the only thing similar. it did feel like we toyed with them at times (already mentioned in another thread).

Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Alabama Crimson Tide - Box Score - September 11, 2010 - ESPN
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Box Score - October 02, 2010 - ESPN

-defensive Rushing yards

Hold this thought and head over to the Coker thread to put in an appearance. Maybe you'll be the 1000 poster! We counting on ya.

-defensive Rushing yards

1rSO.jpg

"What's to discuss?" Well you sure had a lot to say.

It means very little. Trying to compare college football teams by the score of a common opponent is pointless.

Bama is the number 1 team in the nation until someone beats them. I think Iowa is good, and could possibly even beat Bama. But, I also believe Iowa can be beat by more teams than Bama.

I would say this is spot on. I happen to think that right now Iowa is, without looking at record, a top 5 team. Of course, if you look at records that changes. I have been impressed by Oregon and Bama but there isn't a clear cut 3rd team. TCU and Boise are great teams but they don't jump off the screen as elite. OSU has some weaknesses. I have no clue how Pryor is a Heisman candidate. Right now, he looks like the 4th or 5th best QB. Part of that is due to how he is allowed to play.

Discuss...

Nothing to add yourself? You're the do*che, my point was that the only thing to discuss is that statistically we were better, add in the fact that penn st was about three more weeks of practice better too. if i were you, i might want to stop the smear campaign before the banhammer sets his sites....

the powers that be have numbered your days, you have been weighed and found wanting, your fun will soon be over.

Nothing to add yourself? You're the do*che, my point was that the only thing to discuss is that statistically we were better, add in the fact that penn st was about three more weeks of practice better too. if i were you, i might want to stop the smear campaign before the banhammer sets his sites....

the powers that be have numbered your days, you have been weighed and found wanting, your fun will soon be over.

But they also had an injury or two between games, including a starting tackle.

'Bama's D was still pretty green in that game. Of course, on the flip side, that was also Bolden's very first away game ... and he was even MORE green in that game.

As for 'Bama not having Ingram ... I really don't think that they saw much of any drop in productivity with Richardson in instead.

I have plenty to discuss but rather than guide the discussion I was curious to see what others had to say and what conclusions they drew regarding a simple subject matter.

I was more interested of the idea that, after defeating Penn State in a similar matter that Alabama did, we would be rated lower than a team that Alabama just straight detestacled.

I don't know exactly what Iowa should be rated but I'm confident that given the first four games, it should be ahead of Florida.

But they also had an injury or two between games, including a starting tackle.

good point, we did too, right? Mike Linebacker- (even though we played well still a factor) - (jewel - hey i got it right this time) & Bernstine doing his best amelia earhart impression, i know i am missing some too

good point, we did too, right? Mike Linebacker- (even though we played well still a factor) - (jewel - hey i got it right this time) & Bernstine doing his best amelia earhart impression, i know i am missing some too

Actually, you forgot to capitalize Jewel's name. Fail for you!

Both Iowa and Alabama could have absolutely beat the brakes off PSU. But fortunately for the team and their fan base which is in absolute meltdown mode over on their board. Coach Ferentz and Saban respect their elders and eased up on Joe Pa. Im so sick of hearing about how Iowa is not the class of PSU.

OK, 2 things on this post...

1). we did NOT beat ourselves at Arizona. Give them the credit they deserve, the beat us fair and square. We tied the game, and they came right down the field and BEAT us. I hate people saying that we beat ourselves...didn't happen that way.

2). We are not better than Alabama right now, although I do believe we are better than the 15th ranked team in the country. We are prob ably a top 10 team. And, we could have put more points on PSU, this was one coach showing his respect to the other, plain and simple.

Latest posts