Ballard??

burky247

Was just watching Sportscenter and Kiper had Ballard going in the late first round(#29). He never mentioned him though and I have to wonder if ESPN got confused and put his name up there instead of Clayborne's. Has anyone heard anything about Ballard going that high?

Saw the same thing. Mel Kiper has always had Ballard as a kid that could jump if he tests in the "freak" category. Which I heard he will too. He will actually test better than Clayborn in most categories. I think his 40 time, vertical jump, and wingspan are obvious just off the top of my head- Clayborn may have him in strength.

I think it was on a interception return against Michigan State (from Prater, not Hyde) when I looked up to see a speedy linebacker nearly keeping pace with the Prater before he was pushed out of bounds. I then saw the player's number and realized it was Ballard. You're talking about a 300 lbs. man here running along side a defensive back.

I could see some team picking him up based on potential like that.

He isn't a secret, most places have him listed 2nd round though, but he was on most scouting websites even before the season.

Depending on where you look, Ballard's anywhere from a 1st-4th round guy. I think he's going to have a better pro career than Clayborn.

I would say is a hair slower than Sash. This is the one I remember.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGyjHOwI7JE]YouTube - Iowa Hawkeyes 86 yard Interception of the Year: Tyler Sash against Indiana Hoosiers[/ame]

I'm not a Colts fan, but they could sure use either Binns or Clayborn on the inside to help Freeney out. They could also draft Sash to help with their safety depth, Stanzi as a backup QB to Manning, and invite DJK as a undrafted free agent to their camp.

Indianapolis Colts = Iowa Hawkeye Varsity.

Latest posts