Balanced Hawkeye Attack Too Much for Minnesota

What was their offensive efficiency? Last time I checked if you score more than you give up you win. So they must have played their best offense on the season then?

Their offensive efficiency in general this year has been great. 1.107 points per possession which in 28th in the nation. Last night they were at 1.320 points per possession. I have no idea if that's their best game this season. I would imagine it would have to be up there.

Its pretty telling how bad Iowa's defense really is when you can't win with that effective of an offense.

Their offensive efficiency in general this year has been great. 1.107 points per possession which in 28th in the nation. Last night they were at 1.320 points per possession. I have no idea if that's their best game this season. I would imagine it would have to be up there.

Its pretty telling how bad Iowa's defense really is when you can't win with that effective of an offense.

The defensive stats are the stats and are irrefutable. However it does appear to me that the most damaging aspect of the game where the hawks have been getting exploited is turnovers and subsequent points off turnovers. We are one of the worst transition defense off of turnovers teams I can recall in an Iowa uniform. I don't have the stat, but I would imagine that we were under our seasons average for points given off turnovers last night. We only had 8 turns and I think our offense is potent enough that if we keep turnovers under 10 a game and points given off of those under 12 then we will be able to stop the blowout losses and start building confidence to compete with anyone. I think the free transition points off of turnovers is a big contributer to our super poor defensive stats.

Wow, twenty posts and no individual players being singled out to beat up on. Must be some people that are still sleeping in today.
5656 must be stuck on Cyclonefanatic.
Give him time.

I did a check of Iowa's upcoming games, and Iowa has 4 more games left against opponents with 5 or fewer wins that Iowa will be in competition with for big 10 tournament seeding. Getting 10th or better will be critical to get a bye in the first round. The first of these is Saturday against Pedo State, then each of the last 3 the Indiana Losers, Goofers, and Mildcats. Finishing the season strong and getting momentum going into the tournament will be critical too. It's looking more like Iowa needs to win the tournament so that's all very important.

Latest posts