Bakari Evelyn

Tierney

It looks like Iowa might get this grad transfer from valpo. He is a point guard that Iowa heavily recruited out of high school. His stats weren't great from last year due to a nagging ankle injury, but they were pretty good the year before.

I am VERY excited about this kid. He is big, quick and has good handles. It sounds like he has a great relationship with Coach Dillard also.

I would expect him to be a 2 guard with Connor McCaffery and Joe Touissaint handling the main PG duties. Probably need some minutes at the 2 guard behind CJF. We need the depth right now.

The numbers aren’t that great here but maybe the injury had more of an effect than we know and he will have a nice year for us if we get him.

I would expect him to be a 2 guard with Connor McCaffery and Joe Touissaint handling the main PG duties. Probably need some minutes at the 2 guard behind CJF. We need the depth right now.

The numbers aren’t that great here but maybe the injury had more of an effect than we know and he will have a nice year for us if we get him.

He averaged 12.6 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists/game his sophomore year. He shot 51% on 2 pointers and 38% on 3's. Solid.

He averaged 12.6 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists/game his sophomore year. He shot 51% on 2 pointers and 38% on 3's. Solid.
If Iowa lands him, hopefully he plays more like that player and the injury was really holding him back last year. He scored over 30 points 5 times that sophomore season so he certainly has some talent.

Also, he’s played over 2,000 minutes at the college level so he certainly has good experience.

He appears to be an actual legit combo guard type. Something Fran has seldom landed. We'll see if he can seal the deal next weekend.

Woah. Nice find.

Based on the numbers and the level of play I wasn’t expecting much but I came away pretty impressed.

-Love his quickness and the way he attacks off the dribble. Has a very good hesitation move.

-He understands how to play in the pick and roll. I think he would enjoy playing with players like Garza, Pemsl, Kriener, and Nunge.

-His shot looks okay, but I wouldn’t really expect him to come in and be a 40% 3pt guy or anything like that. That’s okay I think we have good shooters elsewhere.

-Think both he and Touissaint would add a quickness factor to this team that we haven’t really seen.

Woah. Nice find.

Based on the numbers and the level of play I wasn’t expecting much but I came away pretty impressed.

-Love his quickness and the way he attacks off the dribble. Has a very good hesitation move.

-He understands how to play in the pick and roll. I think he would enjoy playing with players like Garza, Pemsl, Kriener, and Nunge.

-His shot looks okay, but I wouldn’t really expect him to come in and be a 40% 3pt guy or anything like that. That’s okay I think we have good shooters elsewhere.

-Think both he and Touissaint would add a quickness factor to this team that we haven’t really seen.

Excellent points. I would add that he is pretty thick, can get to the rack and score through contact. I like it.

There’s nothing wrong with being hopeful.

I like the idea of being able to use Evelyn and Joe T on the floor at the same time when we are playing teams with super quick guards. They could also wreak havoc getting into the lane and finding guys for dumpoffs or open 3's.

Woah. Nice find.

This video is from his sophomore season before his most recent ankle surgery. I'm not sure what kind of burst he had last season or if the recovery from surgery was nagging him but if he can provide that kind of hesitation and burst with the ball in his hands, I'll take it. He looks like a combo guard to me, which is something we haven't seen much of in recent years.

His 3PA per 100 possessions was at 10.3 last year (would rank 2nd to only Bohannon 10.8) but only shot 30.6% from deep on 157 attempts (also would rank 2nd to only Bohannon 206). That indicates he's a bit of a chucker but hopefully that's due to Valpo's lack of shot creators and not him trying to play hero ball. Perhaps an improved roster to work with like Iowa would allow him more open looks and in turn increase his 3P%.

His passing ability stands out to me, quick and on target. His height is a plus and he moves the ball quickly, either shooting it or passing to an open teammate.....

Looks like he could fill the gap very well.....

:cool:

I am VERY excited about this kid. He is big, quick and has good handles. It sounds like he has a great relationship with Coach Dillard also.

I'll describe myself as very interested at this point. There will be no excitement until there is a commitment to the Hawks. Tempered by the whole D J Harvey thing...