Badgers hiring Fickell

i'm wondering who their QB is going to be. I started to think 'well, at least we dont have to play against that defense anymore' then I read this thread :\

I'm just saying that Wisconsin isn't as fragile as Iowa or Nebraska. Honestly Nebraska wasn't either until they kept spinning coach after coach looking for the next Tom Osborne. But it's going to be tough for Wisconsin to revert back to it's pre Alvarez days as, like I mentioned, they are situated in a very good recruiting base. Heck UW-Whitewater has been a D3 powerhouse feeding off players that the Badgers pass on. I'm not saying it can't happen but it's going to take a lot more than 1 coaching change and a 6-6 season to send them back to the dark ages.
I guess time will tell. Wisconsin certainly has some advantages, as you've noted. Having said that, their fanbase has become "Nebraska lite." By that, I mean they expect to destroy their west division counterparts and beat teams like Michigan. Many of their fans are pretty intolerant of losing. That's not a bad thing, but they might not quite have the incredible culture that we've expected from them. A few down years in recruiting and a bad QB (hello badgers and hawkeyes!), can mean a big difference. The margins at UW aren't huge. They have typically had somewhat better talent than Iowa but not by much. They had star running backs, a few better skill players, and that's about it, IMHO. They could drop to mediocrity (like the last two years). We'll see.

DA fuq? Kill did as well as Boat guy without the shtick and tight pants but with med issues.
True! The tight pants boat rower is a marketing machine with decent teams. If you didn't beat Iowa the last two years you're not amazing :)

They are so much better than they were. Not even close
This year, the tight pants rower beat zero ranked teams. Lost to Purdue and Iowa. Did beat Wisconsin. Crushed by Penn State. Lost to Illinois. They had a very manageable schedule. So they won 8 games with a very manageable schedule. He's never beaten KF.

This year, the tight pants rower beat zero ranked teams. Lost to Purdue and Iowa. Did beat Wisconsin. Crushed by Penn State. Lost to Illinois. They had a very manageable schedule. So they won 8 games with a very manageable schedule. He's never beaten KF.
Get that. But I also know what my eyes see and they are more of a force now than before.

Not the first team to lose something like 45-17 at HV. Maybe only bad loss was Purdue. MSU wasn't such a bad win after all.

I guess time will tell. Wisconsin certainly has some advantages, as you've noted. Having said that, their fanbase has become "Nebraska lite." By that, I mean they expect to destroy their west division counterparts and beat teams like Michigan. Many of their fans are pretty intolerant of losing. That's not a bad thing, but they might not quite have the incredible culture that we've expected from them. A few down years in recruiting and a bad QB (hello badgers and hawkeyes!), can mean a big difference. The margins at UW aren't huge. They have typically had somewhat better talent than Iowa but not by much. They had star running backs, a few better skill players, and that's about it, IMHO. They could drop to mediocrity (like the last two years). We'll see.

Again, my first sentence, I'm just saying they are not as fragile as Iowa or Nebraska. Of course they could fall to mediocrity, Illinois and Minnesota has some of the same advantages and they've fallen off.

You are forgetting that Wisconsin grows stud offensive lineman. Seems like every year they have lineman that are 6'5+ and 300+ lbs.

Again, my first sentence, I'm just saying they are not as fragile as Iowa or Nebraska. Of course they could fall to mediocrity, Illinois and Minnesota has some of the same advantages and they've fallen off.

You are forgetting that Wisconsin grows stud offensive lineman. Seems like every year they have lineman that are 6'5+ and 300+ lbs.
I'm not forgetting that at all. I lived in Madison for 15 years and am very familiar with Wisconsin football.

Wisconsin's line was meh this year and their results showed it.

Get that. But I also know what my eyes see and they are more of a force now than before.

Not the first team to lose something like 45-17 at HV. Maybe only bad loss was Purdue. MSU wasn't such a bad win after all.
I think we mostly agree. Minnesota is a really tough out these days. Except for Iowa, strangely. Kill was a tough out as well.

Wisconsin is hiring UNC's offensive coordinator. Looks like dominating time of posession and scoring 22 points isn't good enough to win the west anymore. Critics of the OC say he's good a racking up hollow yards between the 20s but less effective in the redzone.

Wisconsin is hiring UNC's offensive coordinator. Looks like dominating time of posession and scoring 22 points isn't good enough to win the west anymore. Critics of the OC say he's good a racking up hollow yards between the 20s but less effective in the redzone.
They are going to be unrecognizable next year in an Air Raid offense. Watch them become Michigan when they hired Rich Rod.

Leonard is not staying with Wisconsin

Woulda probably made for an awkward situation had he stayed... I get it. He's so young yet he'll have a long career in coaching I'm sure he'll land on his feet

Leonard is not staying with Wisconsin

I don't see why he would stay. Fickell most likely has someone already in mind for his DC position. I'd look for Leonhard to snap up one of these head coaching jobs.