Badgers hiring Fickell

spliff45

Sounds like this deal is imminent. According to Pete Thamel, all candidates including Leonard have been told they are not getting the job.

Ugh. I don't like this shit one bit. Hopefully they hire him and he goes 9-3 next year and then Ohio hires him back after they fire Day and this development craters both Wisconsin and Ohio.

That's interesting and surprising. I think Leonhard thought he had it but the team didn't look much, if any, better when he took over for Chryst.

Fickell recruits really well. Seems like a good hire. Time will tell.

Interesting. I just told my wife a few days ago that I thought he would end up at Nebraska. Never hit me that Wisc might go after him.

That's interesting and surprising. I think Leonhard thought he had it but the team didn't look much, if any, better when he took over for Chryst.

Fickell recruits really well. Seems like a good hire. Time will tell.

Of course the team didn't look any better when Leonhard took over. Chryst is a great coach who fell upon a few shit classes at o-line. You don't usually get better when you rage fire a legend.

Of course the team didn't look any better when Leonhard took over. Chryst is a great coach who fell upon a few shit classes at o-line. You don't usually get better when you rage fire a legend.
This is the correct answer.

If Wisconsin isn’t careful they have a nebraska future in front of them.

I sit here and think we get to see our opponents have shiny new toys.....and we continue to apply Brut Cologne....or Old Spice. Could be worse though, we could have another Steve Alfraud come through the door....even the football version.

Paul Christ has not been hired by anyone right? So Kirk could still theatrically call him to replace his idiot son......but then again Mars has a better chance of being inhabitable compared to that.

Paul Christ has not been hired by anyone right? So Kirk could still theatrically call him to replace his idiot son......but then again Mars has a better chance of being inhabitable compared to that.

The big brain move would be to bring in Chryst as Co-OC and QB coach, promote Brian to Co-OC, Run Game Coordinator, O-Line Coach, and fire the current o-line coach.

Whatever is going to be done has to be done in a manner that (a) does not publicly humiliate Brian and (b) allows Kirk Ferentz to save face. Think of the presser now.

"I'm excited to announce that Brian Ferentz is receiving a large promotion, blah blah blah, we all remember how great 2015 was when Brian was run game coordinator and line coach and we think this will bring back the spark blah blah blah."

The big brain move would be to bring in Chryst as Co-OC and QB coach, promote Brian to Co-OC, Run Game Coordinator, O-Line Coach, and fire the current o-line coach.

Whatever is going to be done has to be done in a manner that (a) does not publicly humiliate Brian and (b) allows Kirk Ferentz to save face. Think of the presser now.

"I'm excited to announce that Brian Ferentz is receiving a large promotion, blah blah blah, we all remember how great 2015 was when Brian was run game coordinator and line coach and we think this will bring back the spark blah blah blah."
The big brain move is for Kirk to ride off into the sunset if Barta can get Chryst.

1669603525849.png
1669603727460.png
1669603595062.png

b572de08-d35a-4488-b76e-50db83263835_text.gif

I think the moves at Nebraska and Wisconsin have to get even Kirk's attention. Add Illinois to the mix, and the days of easy wins over undisciplined teams that you can count on to make mistakes are gonna be over
-- quick. On the other hand, elimination of Divisions -- altho bad for the BTen & the sport -- may end up being a net positive for the Hawks...being able to play the Indianas, Marylands, and Rutgers of the world more often could actually make life a little easier.