Badger DL Kohout with injury, impact to Iowa running game

Hawk4Life25

Ailing Kohout likely won't play for UW - JSOnline

It appears that starting Wisconsin DL Jordan Kohout is out for the game on Saturday.

BB said two players injured on Saturday were held out of practice this week. Not sure who the other one is....if I had to guess it's LB Mike Taylor.

Given that Kohout won't be in there and has been a good player for them on DL it will be interesting to see if Iowa has more success running the ball. This may cause Wisconsin to try and load the box with one more defender to try and stop Iowa's running game.

Ailing Kohout likely won't play for UW - JSOnline

It appears that starting Wisconsin DL Jordan Kohout is out for the game on Saturday.

BB said two players injured on Saturday were held out of practice this week. Not sure who the other one is....if I had to guess it's LB Mike Taylor.

Given that Kohout won't be in there and has been a good player for them on DL it will be interesting to see if Iowa has more success running the ball. This may cause Wisconsin to try and load the box with one more defender to try and stop Iowa's running game.

If so, Ricky will definately have a Heisman type day.

Agreed....the Badgers defensive philosophy to blitz a lot may open up some big plays for Iowa in passing game.

They are facing a QB in Stanzi who is currently one of the best passers in the nation....the best QB the Wisconsin defense will have seen to this point.

I look at this a little differently. Maybe without Kohout we can double JJ Watt more and take him out of the game.

We're going to double Watt plenty anyhow. In fact, we'll probably double him and then directly run at him. That would then reduce his reaction time. We tried to do the same thing last year against Schofield ... but with limited success because he was so fast.

We're going to double Watt plenty anyhow. In fact, we'll probably double him and then directly run at him. That would then reduce his reaction time. We tried to do the same thing last year against Schofield ... but with limited success because he was so fast.

Right. I should've phrased it better. Maybe this will give us a better chance at succeeding when we double Watt.

Probably won't make a much bigger difference then Tarp being out for us. At least we might get a push on injuries on the defensive side of things.

As I recall last year this was one of BB's first games back and he got eaten up a bit. I like RR with help a bit better this go around.