Bad basketball for the better part of 120 minutes

NikeHawk21

Over the last three games we’ve for the most part played pretty poorly, but they did manage to win 2 of those games. 40 total turnovers in the 3 games. Can’t continue to play poorly for the first 30 plus minutes and expect to win.

Impressive effort on the comeback, and decent defense at times, but we need to snap out of this funk.

Over the last three games we’ve for the most part played pretty poorly, but they did manage to win 2 of those games. 40 total turnovers in the 3 games. Can’t continue to play poorly for the first 30 plus minutes and expect to win.

Impressive effort on the comeback, and decent defense at times, but we need to snap out of this funk.

Tonight was mostly a shooting funk which is going to happen. But you're right, we haven't played good for quite awhile. It was Moss's turn and he missed. How cool would that have been? 3 buzzer beaters in a row by 3 different players.

Garza and Kreiner have to wake up. They make baskets and the perimeter guys will get space.

And good lord we need to practice boxing out. Cook needs to be a way better rebounder for a guy with his strength.

Garza and Kreiner have to wake up. They make baskets and the perimeter guys will get space.

And good lord we need to practice boxing out. Cook needs to be a way better rebounder for a guy with his strength.
I was disappointed in Garza tonight. There were a few times he missed on offense and didn’t sprint back and got beat for easy baskets.

If Iowa is as good as we all hope they are, they needed to take one on the chin like this. The last few games have been magic carpet ride stuff which was fun but you wont last long doing it.
Hopefully this loss will help their attention and they’ll finish strong. Still a lot of winnable games left.

If Iowa is as good as we hope they win games like this at home.

Tonight was mostly a shooting funk which is going to happen. But you're right, we haven't played good for quite awhile. It was Moss's turn and he missed. How cool would that have been? 3 buzzer beaters in a row by 3 different players.
Too me we weren’t getting good shots and we turned it over too much. But yes we missed a few we normally make.

Life in the B1G man it's tough. I thought Maryland played good D on us, and defended the perimeter well. If we go 3-2 over the last 5, that is pretty dang good season
Oh ya I’m not giving up or anything I just don’t think we’ve played well since that Michigan game. Luckily we went 2-1 while playing bad.

If Iowa is as good as we all hope they are, they needed to take one on the chin like this. The last few games have been magic carpet ride stuff which was fun but you wont last long doing it.
Hopefully this loss will help their attention and they’ll finish strong. Still a lot of winnable games left.

I said before the end of the game that if we happened to pull it out in the end,we would play like shit the first 30 minutes of the next game too. Then I said I would still take it tho.

Let's face facts...we won 2-3 games we shouldn't. I believe we had a team who was playing at home who thought we would just waltz through this game! I would challenge this team... Are you men or boys? Defense wins championships, offense wins games

Oh ya I’m not giving up or anything I just don’t think we’ve played well since that Michigan game. Luckily we went 2-1 while playing bad.

I think we are what we are, the 6th best team in the B1G. The good thing about that is this also means that we could realistically make a sweet 16, as the B1G is that tough and deep this year.

It was nice to see the team wake up and get it together the last six minutes or so, but, God, it was like they were sleep walking for the majority of the game.

If there ever was a game to show Fran how important it is to have a true PG, it was this game. Maryland (primarily Cowan) penetrated our defense at will, forced the rotation, and found the open man. It was a good game plan by Turgeon. We simply don't have any on-ball defenders on the perimeter.

I think these last few games have been different, but have exposed us in various ways. Or atleast played to our weaknesses:

1. It is obvious that in this part of the big ten season the refs are swallowing their whistles. Thus, we got owned on the glass the last couple games. We will not win many games if it turns into a street fight and the score is in the 50's or 60's.
2. Tonight you have to give them credit, they hit threes. 12-28. And they really had for the most part 4 guys on the the court at one time that could both shoot and dribble drive. We are not built to stop that. We can withstand 30% but not anything in the 40's.
3. Their quicker guards bodied up to our guards and the interior did an excellent job denying the post.
4. We missed way too many foul shots. This is a huge part of our game and we have to make them pay at the line. We had them in the bonus way before they were and we didn't capitalize on that.

I think we all know by now that we are going to have a difficult time defending quick guards that can shoot. And most of the time those quicker guards play our slower guards better defensively as well.

Dont hang your head though, we are still a very good team. There arent a lot of matchups like this where we have to defend 3-4 guys on the perimeter that can all bounce it as well as having to double an interior guy. I like us better as a tournament team than a big ten team because we are a matchup nightmare for many teams.

I think we are what we are, the 6th best team in the B1G. The good thing about that is this also means that we could realistically make a sweet 16, as the B1G is that tough and deep this year.
Yup. The goal was NCAA tournament and it looks like we have that in the bag, anything else is gravy. With that said I’d like to get back to playing better team ball. Garza is slumping right now and we seem a little sideways.

I think these last few games have been different, but have exposed us in various ways. Or atleast played to our weaknesses:

1. It is obvious that in this part of the big ten season the refs are swallowing their whistles. Thus, we got owned on the glass the last couple games. We will not win many games if it turns into a street fight and the score is in the 50's or 60's.
2. Tonight you have to give them credit, they hit threes. 12-28. And they really had for the most part 4 guys on the the court at one time that could both shoot and dribble drive. We are not built to stop that. We can withstand 30% but not anything in the 40's.
3. Their quicker guards bodied up to our guards and the interior did an excellent job denying the post.
4. We missed way too many foul shots. This is a huge part of our game and we have to make them pay at the line. We had them in the bonus way before they were and we didn't capitalize on that.

I think we all know by now that we are going to have a difficult time defending quick guards that can shoot. And most of the time those quicker guards play our slower guards better defensively as well.

Dont hang your head though, we are still a very good team. There arent a lot of matchups like this where we have to defend 3-4 guys on the perimeter that can all bounce it as well as having to double an interior guy. I like us better as a tournament team than a big ten team because we are a matchup nightmare for many teams.
Maryland is a bad matchup for Iowa because they have bigs with the strength to handle ours and a lightning quick guard.

Yup. The goal was NCAA tournament and it looks like we have that in the bag, anything else is gravy. With that said I’d like to get back to playing better team ball. Garza is slumping right now and we seem a little sideways.

The bak half of the B1G is always a grind, and this year even more so with how good the league is. I mean they know what we are going to do, we know what they are going to do, it's tough.