Back in August, what were your expectations for this point in the season?

I know I expected to be 8-2 after 10 games, with 2 losses being on the road either @Pitt, @Md, or @Minn.

So working backwards, I guess I expected Iowa to be 7-1 after 8 games, with 1 loss on the road to either @Pitt or @Md.

Last edited:
In August, I thought we would be 7-1.

At the beginning of the season, our strength of schedule was 70, according to Phil Steele.
Wyoming was 59, Tulane was 62, Boise State was 65, San Jose State was 66, and Wisconsin was 72.

Wisconsin thought they would be undefeated in the B1G, at this time.
Seeing the circumstances with Maryland having a back-up QB in the game, we should be undefeated in the B1G, at this time.

8-4 should the minimum expectations with this schedule.

I had them at 6-2 but had a loss @Pitt instead of ISU and @Maryland. Then I had them winning the next 2 and then splitting the Wisconsin and Nebraska games to finish 9-3.

7 - 1. Loss at Pitt. But still expected 7 - 5. I thought it would be a very Minnesota-like season.

I also expected 34 - 17 vs UNI, 27 - 10 vs Ball St., and 30 -17 to IA St. Neither the D or the O has lived up to my expectations.

However, I expected Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Nebraska to be much better than they are. I also thought that the secondary would have its usual suspect play against good qbs, which is why I thought ILL was loss.

But I now think Illinois is a win. Minnesota is still probably a loss, I don't think the Hawks will string together two performances like last week. Wisconsin and Nebraska are definitely losses.

I
expcted iwa to play the way they played against NW all seaon long and be ranked in top 15 with a 1 loss or undefeated by now.

much diff. that hw its bee.

I had them 6-2 with losses to Pitt and Maryland. I also hoped they would be no worse than 7-3 after first 10, with chance to win division with wins over Wiscy and Minn.

That is how it is going to play out....:rolleyes:

8-4 maybe 9-3. I wasn't expecting a loss to ISU, but honestly felt like we'd be 6-2 or maybe 7-1 at this point.

Need to go back and check, but I believe it was 10-2. Maryland/Pitt one of those two I predicted as a loss, same deal with Wisky/Nebby.....right now i would say 9-3/8-4, leaning toward 9-3.

I know I expected to be 8-2 after 10 games, with 2 losses being on the road either @Pitt, @Md, or @Minn.

So working backwards, I guess I expected Iowa to be 7-1 after 8 games, with 1 loss on the road to either @Pitt or @Md.

I really do expect Iowa to be 8-2 after the Illinois game.

I had them at 6-2 at this point, but I did expect them to look like a more complete team through the entirety. We'll see if they end up the 9-3 like I expected.

6-2 with a 9-3 finish and a BIG Championship game ahead. I expected the two losses at this point to be Pitt and Maryland on the road and the ISU game to be a near lock along with Purdue.

6-2. I think Iowa has been searching a little bit throughout the season and now with Gaul at center, Plewa back and LB corps of Jewell, Perry, Bower and Alston, Iowa may have found themselves just in time. Weisman is 100% too, and it's going to really suck for opponents to tackle him 20-30 times per game in ****** weather.

I figured Iowa, at this point, would be 7-1. I guessed they would lose a game just because we always do: The dumb loss to a very mediocre Maryland team, or maybe Pitt instead, as the most likely stumble. I NEVER thought we would lose the ISU game, never. As it turns out, there is little excuse for not being 8-0 at this point, given the level of our competition and the under performing by our offense, especially.

I think we have the momentum to beat Minnesota and Illinois in our next two games. If so, it obviously comes down to what we have left in the tank for W and N. Now that W. has shown up on defense, that may be the tougher of the two. If Ameer Abdullah's injury keeps him from competing, I think we have a reasonable chance of getting N. in Iowa City. I am hopeful that we finish no worse than 8-4 and I would just love 9-3. We should have ended up 10-2, and I will continue to be pretty ****** off that we didn't get there.

I thought Iowa would go 10-2 with a first loss either at Maryland or at Minnesota and a second loss either vs. Wisconsin or vs. Nebraska. I never dreamed this year's Hawkeye team would lose to this year's Cyclone team.

Expectation was to not have a loss to one of the worst teams in Division 1 football (not just power conferences) in ISU. Brutal loss considering how much of a dumpster fire their D is. We played right into their hands with our offensive game plan that game.

Expectation was to not have a loss to one of the worst teams in Division 1 football (not just power conferences) in ISU. Brutal loss considering how much of a dumpster fire their D is. We played right into their hands with our offensive game plan that game.

I agree.

Having said that, this team can make amends by going 4-0 in their remaining games! If that occurs, who cares about September? :)

6-2 losing @Pitt and @MD but I also gave felt 7-1 winning @Pitt was very possible. I didn't think we would beat MD, but looking back now, we certainly coulda/shouda....

Latest posts