B1G Wednesday

Also, Nebraska - tough tough tough to play with expectations. Especially for a school that is not used to having expectations. I ushered caution on that. They were in a free fall before Copeland Jr. got hurt, now it's just compounded. I watched that game. Miles might not make it til the end of the season. Which IMO, would suck, cause I think Iowa has a realistic shot of winning there now to end the year and I don't want an interim coach breathing any life into the team.

Also - Fernando should have been ejected last night for that dunk and step IMO - they didn't even review it which IMO is nuts.

Well I think the Badgers have finished ahead of Iowa in football and basketball for a few years now. Two final fours and some Rose bowl victories.

Well I think the Badgers have finished ahead of Iowa in football and basketball for a few years now. Two final fours and some Rose bowl victories.

They have - I'm I not disagreeing with you that Wisconsin has been much better in FB and BB than Iowa for some time. But why do people mistake that with Barry not accepting mediocrity? That's not what that is. That's accepting excellence. Good, I bet Iowa would do that too. The fact is, Barry hasn't had the opportunity in FB or BB to show whether or not he accepts mediocrity. The great coaches they have had have left on their own accord. I haven't seen him have a short leash when they DO have a mediocre season. So, he must tolerate SOME mediocrity.

Barry is standard for an AD in my opinion. He has made terrific hires, but I've never understood why people think he doesn't accept mediocre or rules with some iron fist. Look at the rest of his programs in the athletic department. He doesn't govern the rest of their sports like what everyone else says he does.

The only sports I really pay attention to are the revenue producing sports. So since he's had just good hires that have performed I guess we're both right on our opinions. When he has a couple 500 season or a bit above we will see how he handles it. I watched him coach a high school team in Iowa to the state championship then Hayden Fry pick him up as an assistant coach. He's always been a winner.

The only sports I really pay attention to are the revenue producing sports. So since he's had just good hires that have performed I guess we're both right on our opinions. When he has a couple 500 season or a bit above we will see how he handles it. I watched him coach a high school team in Iowa to the state championship then Hayden Fry pick him up as an assistant coach. He's always been a winner.

Whiskeys FB season was super mediocre this season and Barry didn't poopcan anyone....

Definitely no disagreement on any of that, just the whole "Doesn't accept mediocrity" thing has never seemed right to me. He accepts it a lot and in a lot of things.

I guess 8-5 last year was a little off after averaging 10 wins a season over the last 10 years. They have a bad year this year and we'll have to see what he has to say.

I guess 8-5 last year was a little off after averaging 10 wins a season over the last 10 years. They have a bad year this year and we'll have to see what he has to say.

Yeah, and he just extended Chryst until 2024 after a 7-5 regular season. That Pinstripe Bowl Trophy must have tipped the scales.

Well if someone gets fired after one 7 and 5 season I guess Kirk would have been gone a long time ago .

Well if someone gets fired after one 7 and 5 season I guess Kirk would have been gone a long time ago .

I didn't say anything about him getting fired. Or anything about Kirk Ferentz. I said, he accepts mediocrity and in fact, rewards it in some cases.

Davison is one of those players ...

He did something similar to Dupree MacBreyer in Madison earlier this year. He was on the floor and tried to position himself behind MacBreyer, who wouldn't have seen him and would have certainly toppled backwards over him.

Kingsbury tried stuff like that when he was here. He was every bit the cheap shot artist Davison is.

They have - I'm I not disagreeing with you that Wisconsin has been much better in FB and BB than Iowa for some time. But why do people mistake that with Barry not accepting mediocrity? That's not what that is. That's accepting excellence. Good, I bet Iowa would do that too. The fact is, Barry hasn't had the opportunity in FB or BB to show whether or not he accepts mediocrity. The great coaches they have had have left on their own accord. I haven't seen him have a short leash when they DO have a mediocre season. So, he must tolerate SOME mediocrity.

Barry is standard for an AD in my opinion. He has made terrific hires, but I've never understood why people think he doesn't accept mediocre or rules with some iron fist. Look at the rest of his programs in the athletic department. He doesn't govern the rest of their sports like what everyone else says he does.
He basically owns the state of Wisconsin. I think it's safe to say he has absolute rule in the university athletic department.

Think of Tom Osborne in Nebraska and ratchet that up about ten notches.

He basically owns the state of Wisconsin. I think it's safe to say he has absolute rule in the university athletic department.

Think of Tom Osborne in Nebraska and ratchet that up about ten notches.

Yeah, but could Barry be a congressman too? :)

height.182.no_border.width.320.jpg

I don't think Barry would stand for mediocrity.

While the outcome of the game was a win for Wisconsin, do you actually think the way they played wasn't mediocre? As my dad used to say "They couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a banjo". And grabbing, flopping and hacking are not good defense even if the whistle isn't blown.