B1G TV deal question

DrKnipe

What would be your best scenario? I hope they tell ESECPN to take a flying leap. I thought FOX did well in the title game. $ will win out. When is this decided?

I didn't think Fox did the greatest job, but at least it wasn't some E$ecPN hack doing the game, so there's that.

I would think that with Fox being majority owner of BTN it would be a "natural", though.

The way esecpn degraded Iowa I hope they don't ever have anything to do with the BIG! They can take their big mouth over to their own crap channel.

I hope that FOX gets the new TV contract for Big Ten football.
So, tired of sEcSPN. Outside of live television, that network is brutal.

I know FS1, FS2 and FOX doesn't have the number of screens that ESPN does, but remember, how the TV landscape changed with FOX won NFL rights in the early 1990s.
Big Ten football gets ratings. FOX knows that.

The only real question worth asking is if Fox gets the TV deal will they also offer a position for Beth Mowins to call some of the games?

I hope that FOX gets the new TV contract for Big Ten football.
So, tired of sEcSPN. Outside of live television, that network is brutal.

I know FS1, FS2 and FOX doesn't have the number of screens that ESPN does, but remember, how the TV landscape changed with FOX won NFL rights in the early 1990s.
Big Ten football gets ratings. FOX knows that.

With the Pac 12 & Big XII, Fox doesn't have the screens to make a serious bid. If Fox would happen to get the bid, many Hawk fans outside of Iowa will be disappointed. FS1 isn't on many basic cable networks. In Columbus, a Hawk fan would have to upgrade from basic cable to get FS1. Plus, Cowherd is on Fox.

I don't understand the hatred against ESPN. Did anyone see the Fox pregame college shows. They were far more anti-Iowa than ESPN. There was a whole thread about how awful the Fox people were towards Iowa.

I live in Colorado and I will be very mad if Fox gets the contract and then makes Iowa games regional coverage only. I really couldn't care less who gets the contract if I can watch every game, makes no difference really.

I live in Colorado and I will be very mad if Fox gets the contract and then makes Iowa games regional coverage only. I really couldn't care less who gets the contract if I can watch every game, makes no difference really.

I highly doubt B1G football games would ever go on a regional network (like Fox sports Midwest) - I'd imagine it would be more like FS1 or FS2. But like previous posters have stated, you usually have to upgrade cable/dish packages to get all of them. I'd imagine regular FOX could have more games on the main channel, double headers and triple headers. Will be interesting to see how it plays out, for sure.

I don't understand the hatred against ESPN. Did anyone see the Fox pregame college shows. They were far more anti-Iowa than ESPN. There was a whole thread about how awful the Fox people were towards Iowa.

It's because they've watched one college football game on Fox this year.

While I'd love to see the Big 10 tell ESPN to take a flying leap, quite frankly Fox sucks at college football.

What I would find interesting is if someone like NBC wanted to try their hand at college football (outside of their 7 games a year for Notre Dame home games).

What will end up happening though is ABC/ESPN will pony up whatever it takes to keep the Big 10 because as long as CBS owns the rights to the best SEC games, they can't afford not to.

While I'd love to see the Big 10 tell ESPN to take a flying leap, quite frankly Fox sucks at college football.

What I would find interesting is if someone like NBC wanted to try their hand at college football (outside of their 7 games a year for Notre Dame home games).

What will end up happening though is ABC/ESPN will pony up whatever it takes to keep the Big 10 because as long as CBS owns the rights to the best SEC games, they can't afford not to.

The trouble is that NBC has fewer screens than Fox.

With the Pac 12 & Big XII, Fox doesn't have the screens to make a serious bid. If Fox would happen to get the bid, many Hawk fans outside of Iowa will be disappointed. FS1 isn't on many basic cable networks. In Columbus, a Hawk fan would have to upgrade from basic cable to get FS1. Plus, Cowherd is on Fox.

I feel confident that the BTN overflow channels would come through.
Many cable operators didn't have FOX as a local channel option in the early 1990s, either.
If FOX did get the B1G football package, all cable/satellite companies would compete to make it easier for household to have FS1 on a basic package.

Yes, we might have been spoiled with 2 Gus Johnson games and FOX would rarely send Gus to an Iowa game, as they would probably go to Ohio State and Michigan games, first.

I feel confident that the BTN overflow channels would come through.
Many cable operators didn't have FOX as a local channel option in the early 1990s, either.
If FOX did get the B1G football package, all cable/satellite companies would compete to make it easier for household to have FS1 on a basic package.

You are very naive. It sure didn't work for MLB. I would have to upgraded my cable package to watch the American League playoffs. Plus, you need to upgrade your cable package to have the B1G overflow channels. If Fox gets the contract, Hawk fans outside of Iowa will have to spend more money to watch the football games.

Latest posts