B1G Tournament ?

cibula11

Myself and a couple others are looking to head to Indy for the tournament, but had some questions for those that have been.

Is it better to buy tickets for the first game and then just scalp the rest of the weekend if the Hawks advance?

Or do you buy the entire weekend and then sell if they get beat?

Just curious. Thanks for you help.

Myself and a couple others are looking to head to Indy for the tournament, but had some questions for those that have been.

Is it better to buy tickets for the first game and then just scalp the rest of the weekend if the Hawks advance?
Or do you buy the entire weekend and then sell if they get beat?

Just curious. Thanks for you help.

YES

Actually just got our seat assignments from Iowa. Iowa's allotment is in the corner. Section's 7,8,9 lower level. We're in section 8

Does anybody know what the big ten tourney is going to do next year when the conference goes to 14 teams?

Does anybody know what the big ten tourney is going to do next year when the conference goes to 14 teams?

My guess is that they will go to a "play-in" format probably similar to this.....

Bottom 4 teams (seeds 11, 12, 13 and 14) play a play-in game on Wednesday.

Assuming the 11 and 12 seeds win, then Thursday would be 5/12, 6/11, 7/10 and 8/9 with the Top 4 seeds getting a bye.

Friday the Thursday winners would play the top 4 teams that got a bye.

Saturday would be the Semi's and Sunday the Finals.

Just give the top 2 teams a bye and make the other 12 play on Thursday. I suppose 6 games is to many to squeeze into 1 day. Sure would be fun though.

Just give the top 2 teams a bye and make the other 12 play on Thursday. I suppose 6 games is to many to squeeze into 1 day. Sure would be fun though.

I think what I described is how the Big East used to do it when they had 14 teams. Play in for the bottom 4 and then a "normal" tournament thereafter....

I think what I described is how the Big East used to do it when they had 14 teams. Play in for the bottom 4 and then a "normal" tournament thereafter....

Yeah I know, I was thinking of the potential of playing 5 games in 5 days. I think St Johns a few years ago pulled off a couple of upsets and ended up playing 5 games in 5 days before losing in the championship game. That format is probably what the B1G will adopt but it would be fun to watch 6 games in 1 day. But unless they started at like 8 am it would be next to impossible. Plus the extra day means more ticket revenue generated.

Just day dreaming here, nothing to see just move along. :D

That also sounds like how the new 15-team ACC tourney works. 5 days total. Bottom teams need to win 5 games in 5 days. Top 4 seeds essentially get a double-bye and only need to win 3 games to be champions.

Yeah I know, I was thinking of the potential of playing 5 games in 5 days. I think St Johns a few years ago pulled off a couple of upsets and ended up playing 5 games in 5 days before losing in the championship game. That format is probably what the B1G will adopt but it would be fun to watch 6 games in 1 day. But unless they started at like 8 am it would be next to impossible. Plus the extra day means more ticket revenue generated.

Just day dreaming here, nothing to see just move along. :D

Syracuse 2006, 4 games in 4 days.
2006 Big East Men's Basketball Tournament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like the SEC tournament I assume. Top four get 2 byes, bottom four get no byes, the rest get one. After the two first round games are played, that leaves a bracket of 12 like we have now.

So if I buy for the early Friday session, can we stay for the later game too? Just trying to figure out what session to buy for since I'm thinking iowa will be playing Thursday.

You need a different ticket each session. 2 games per session Thurs and Fri. 4 sessions total. Iowa better not be playing Thursday.

Latest posts