B1G steals another from SEC

PSU's top recruit, a 4 star DE flipped to Florida. Florida has flipped a 5 star DB (from Arizona)and 4 star RB (from Miami) as well in the past couple weeks.

What, you think that if you hire a coach the recruits will flip instantly? This will impact the 2015 and future recruiting classes not the current class. Those are all pretty much in the bag.

Obviously, it's only impactful if the Big 10 as a whole continues to spend whatever it takes to get the best coaches.

PSU's top recruit, a 4 star DE flipped to Florida. Florida has flipped a 5 star DB (from Arizona)and 4 star RB (from Miami) as well in the past couple weeks.

What, you think that if you hire a coach the recruits will flip instantly? This will impact the 2015 and future recruiting classes not the current class. Those are all pretty much in the bag.

Obviously, it's only impactful if the Big 10 as a whole continues to spend whatever it takes to get the best coaches.

No, I was just pointing out that even though that the SEC is taking players from teams including B1G teams even though the B1G may be taking coaches from the SEC. Some 2014 recruits will follow coaches and some won't. Some 2014 Recruits will decommit when coaches leave a school and hire someone else. It happens all the time. Hiring a coach doesn't change all recruits but it could change some. How many recruits flipped to OSU when they hired Meyer? Nothing is in the bag until the school receives the signed LOI from the recruit.

To Bert's defense...
He did have his coordinators poached when he was at Wisky too (Doering and Chryst {sp?}).

And that (at least according to Bret) was why he left Wisconsin. He was sick of coaches leaving every year to other schools and wanted to go to the SEC where coaches never leave.

He is probably too dumb to see that coaches leave for a number of reason him being a total a$$bag being pretty high up there.

Coaches move for $$$. The Big1G has money to spend. Probably need to spend some (more) on players like the SEC does....

Ash has strong Iowa ties. Played for Ottumwa Bulldogs and Drake Bulldogs. Good guy & has earned everything he's got.
I've hoped Iowa would take a look at him someday but that doesn't appear realistic now.

Ash also coached with the drake bulldogs. Really impressed with how his stature has progressed in the industry. Never would have thought that he would achieve what he has in such a short time in the profession. As a hawk fan i'm glad he never assailed our way has i had some disagreements with some of his philosophies but a great position coach and especially breakin stuff down one on one with a player. Nice guy. I suppose i shouldn't be too surprised that dude outworks everybody, very serious and works his fanny off; good for him.

Coaches move for $$$. The Big1G has money to spend. Probably need to spend some (more) on players like the SEC does....

Not everyone does - in coaching and other professions. These guys make a lot o $ to start with, so there is a lot to be said as to the environment you work in. The people you are surrounded by, etc. Do you think Biels would be a great guy to work for? I bet he is a gigantic dbag.

Biels appears to be trying to put a positive spin on it:

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema 2h
Very happy for former coaches that decide to move to new challenges, the respect our staff gets nationally will continue to grow.
#woopig

What do they say about putting lipstick on a pig?

LOL

Latest posts