B1G Just 1 Team in Top 24 AP

Iowa no longer has a win over a top 24 team after Minnesota fell out of the rankings. The Hawkeyes are 0-4 against top 24 teams this season, but undefeated against every one else. Michigan was ranked as high as #11 after they beat Notre Dame in week two.

Iowa no longer has a win over a top 24 team after Minnesota fell out of the rankings. The Hawkeyes are 0-4 against top 24 teams this season, but undefeated against every one else. Michigan was ranked as high as #11 after they beat Notre Dame in week two.

I'm OK with that though. We have beaten all the teams we should have. It's refreshing to see us not drop a game against an ISU, Purdue, Northwestern, non-B1G team, etc. We played pretty well against NIU and Ohio State just couldn't get it done. We played well for a half against MSU and Wisconsin. 3 of those 4 losses could end up being to teams that made a BCS bowl. Iowa has already exceeded my expectations for this season, and have given the fans renewed optimism for the future.

Iowa is 27th in the AP poll, just three spots outside the top 24. Even if we beat an all star team of the best players from South Carolina, LSU, Georgia and Mizzou we might not sneak into the rankings with a win.

North Dakota State only received 4 votes this week.

I'm OK with that though. We have beaten all the teams we should have. It's refreshing to see us not drop a game against an ISU, Purdue, Northwestern, non-B1G team, etc. We played pretty well against NIU and Ohio State just couldn't get it done. We played well for a half against MSU and Wisconsin. 3 of those 4 losses could end up being to teams that made a BCS bowl. Iowa has already exceeded my expectations for this season, and have given the fans renewed optimism for the future.

We lost at home to a MAC SCHOOL. On top of going 4-3 in Kinnick.

We lost at home to a MAC SCHOOL. On top of going 4-3 in Kinnick.

Or, you could have written that we went 4-1 on the road and beat Nebraska, 8-4 Minnesota, Michigan and Iowa State/Northwestern (our co-achilles heel), but whatever.

Latest posts