B1G Honors Ben Krikke, Owen Freeman

Ben does look pretty good early on.
He does, I don't know if jump shots are sustainable, like those aren't always going to fall right? I mean, I hope so, just not sure Iowa can depend on those every night.

I love bigs, so, designated Krikke as "my guy" and he hasn't disappointed, yet.
Like what Freeman has shown (and should become). However, dude needs a head band or, better yet, a haircut.;) Not saying in an old man way, just that he's constantly got 1 hand brushing back his bangs and I don't want my guys being distracted!

Krikke is a scorer, so he is going to get buckets I am not concerned with that. Not to nitpick, but the defense and the rebounding have to get better. As awesome as he was against Creighton, he only had one rebound. Even though it was against inferior competition in Arkansas St. it was nice to see him grab 9 boards. He will never be a great defender or a double digit rebounder I just need a tad bit more in those two areas.

Freeman and this applies to Harding as well…they have a swagger to them that I like. These dudes aren’t afraid. Yes, they have to continue to put the work in and continue to develop and grow, but the confidence thing is there and that is huge.

Krikke is a scorer, so he is going to get buckets I am not concerned with that. Not to nitpick, but the defense and the rebounding have to get better. As awesome as he was against Creighton, he only had one rebound. Even though it was against inferior competition in Arkansas St. it was nice to see him grab 9 boards. He will never be a great defender or a double digit rebounder I just need a tad bit more in those two areas.

Freeman and this applies to Harding as well…they have a swagger to them that I like. These dudes aren’t afraid. Yes, they have to continue to put the work in and continue to develop and grow, but the confidence thing is there and that is huge.
Agree. I would add that his pick-and-roll defense left a lot to be desired, but in all honesty Fran's bigs have always struggled there. I would guess that the staff will definitely work on that. Creighton exploited it in a big way.

It's nice to see a modern player with a very good mid-range game. A bit of a lost art.

Latest posts