spliff45

First 4 games:

@Purdue
Illinois
Maryland
@Wisconsin

Iowa Basketball
@IowaHoops

The #Hawkeyes will play back-to-back true road games four times overall, including the final two contests of the regular season, and will have a three-game homestand, Feb. 13-22.

Here's the full schedule:

Last edited:
that is one really bad non conference schedule
True, but that's what THIS team needs. I give Iowa credit that when they needed to go out and play a strong SOS non con with good teams, they've done it. This team is gonna just need to collect wins and hopefully be jelling by the time they get to conference play.

It's a young team who just lost 2 NBA caliber players type of schedule. It's not sexy for sure, but with as difficult as the B1G is and with 20 conference games against high RPI teams... for a young team that's still finding their identity, I kind of expected it and like it. I also like how they got aggressive last season and landed Gonzaga. This is a good schedule for this type of team.

You may be right about a young team needing to find identity. But I hate to see them finding it before 3000 fans. Not the kind of enthusiasm that builds a program. I sure wouldn't pay to see these games

You may be right about a young team needing to find identity. But I hate to see them finding it before 3000 fans. Not the kind of enthusiasm that builds a program. I sure wouldn't pay to see these games
Meh, Iowa is somewhere right around the top 25 in attendance every season. This won't move that needle that much. They would have been sold out for every game last season because they scheduled aggressively. This gives the team time to gel and some layups. They play in the B1G, their schedule is going to be good enough that if they don't lose to these cupcakes, they'll be just fine and in position for post season play... and again, IMO, this is great for a young team.

It's a young team who just lost 2 NBA caliber players type of schedule. It's not sexy for sure, but with as difficult as the B1G is and with 20 conference games against high RPI teams... for a young team that's still finding their identity, I kind of expected it and like it. I also like how they got aggressive last season and landed Gonzaga. This is a good schedule for this type of team.
This is exactly the kind of schedule that will keep is out of the NCAA tournament in March.

that is one really bad non conference schedule
Hey what's wrong with "Slippery Rocks" or "Longwood", I want a tee-shirt of the Kansas City "Roos". There's bees, horses, and birds. Then Virginia and the Big. La La land then cold reality.