B1G about to redo the 23-25 conference schedules

It won't be five. One or two tops.

It's never been a single league with 14 teams. 14 teams is a lot. I wouldn't have a problem going to TEN conference games. Why the heck do we play all these cupcakes every year? North Dakota State? Give me a break. Colorado State. Yuck. Northern Illinois. WTF.

I agree, 10 conference games and keep the ticket and tv money inside the conference. I say dump the ISU game for sure and try to schedule and opening game with a decent team but hopefully for a win, and then schedule a tougher P5 or top team.

Conference games are golden in this new age.

Now back when Iowa might play Nebby, UCLA, and another decent team in the non-conf, well then the non-conf meant something. Iowa truly played a very strong intersectional non-conf schedule which as an Iowan was a huge reason I became and Iowa fan vs and Iowa St fan when it was all said and done. Iowa St had a stadium at held 30K and they could not get home and home contracts with big teams so their non conf schedule sucked back in the 50s-2000's.

If you go to 10 conference games, that would mean 5 home and 5 road in league and likely an end to the CyHawk game.

Iowa is going to want two home games in non-con for the $ and they will be tomato cans of the FCS/MAC variety.

If you go to 10 conference games, that would mean 5 home and 5 road in league and likely an end to the CyHawk game.

Iowa is going to want two home games in non-con for the $ and they will be tomato cans of the FCS/MAC variety.

I would much rather watch Iowa play a big 10 game than a non conf game even if it means dropping ISU. One could say the 10th conf game is against Rutgers but one could also say the 10th game is against one of your big rivals.

If you cant see the rivalry between the hawks and the four border state teams not even including Nebby but jNW instead then I guess you aint been watching Hawk football very closely. There is no one Pat Fitz wants to beat more than Iowa.

As long as we play Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Illinois every year I will be happy. These are our tried and true rivalries. Nebraska, ok, I guess, but don’t really want them in the BT. Michigan St. vs Iowa has been a knock down drag out game nearly every time. Every year ok with me. Penn St., Maryland, Rutgers, who cares. All three should go to the ACC. I think we should keep the ISU game. I believe the football fans in Iowa love that game. Again, a long time rivalry. A cupcake or two doesn’t really bother me. In fact, warm up games make some sense for Iowa, broken up by the CY-HAWK game. Season tickets for me for years, and I have always attended those games. Michigan and Ohio St.? I don’t give a F about either one of them. Every year? OK. Not at all, ever, OK. Arrogant, self serving, entitlement whores, pricks.
In the end, the powers that be will screw this up again, since there really is not any top shelf answer. With all its warts, I would vote to just leave it alone.
BTW, 8,9,10 conference games? Whatever.

As long as we play Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Illinois every year I will be happy. These are our tried and true rivalries.

If they get rid of divisions, I think what you say above is what I mentioned as those are long time border rivalries. And those are only 4 of 13 possible yearly matchups so that leaves 9 remaining teams for the schedulers to rotate through Iowa's and the other members' schedules each year. I think 3 to 5 yearly rivalry games is correct. OSU now has Mich, MSU, and PSU as their 3 main rivalries and you could add another team to that like Nebby or Wisky or even Iowa, but Purdue makes more sense.

Mich has OSU, MSU, and could have Illinois. PSU could have Buttgers and the Terps along with OSU and Mich.

The schedulers will run the wants of the league office through their computers and spit out something that will have pros and cons. Just be ready to be elated or deflated.

We all know that for Iowa or many like teams to win the Big 10 those teams need to win a big game or two against Mich, OSU, maybe PSU, and now Wisky. In 1981 it was Iowa beating Mich that started the run to the Rose Bowl. A big win vs OSU in 1983 led to a really good finish because you sort of expect a loss there which is like a two game swing in the standing. Lot's of big wins in 1985 against Mich and Mich St. , and the 1990 or 91 team beat OSU and a top Illini team.

The coaches and players know that a head to head game with those top teams is a chance to make that big swing in the won-loss column.

The only thing about no divisions is if you have two early losses your chance of winning any trophy is about NIL by the end of Sept.

I wish the B1G and Pac 12 would "Merge" and create the B1G North by North East and the Pac West by North West

The only thing about no divisions is if you have two early losses your chance of winning any trophy is about NIL by the end of Sept.
What do you mean? You got the pig trophy, the cow trophy, and the hero trophy to play for.

What do you mean? You got the pig trophy, the cow trophy, and the hero trophy to play for.
Yeah, I guess there are the rivalry trophies but I bet that 2021 Big 10 West Division Championship trophy looks damn sweet in the trophy case. And wouldnt another outright Big 10 League Championship trophy look look awesome

Yeah, I guess there are the rivalry trophies but I bet that 2021 Big 10 West Division Championship trophy looks damn sweet in the trophy case. And wouldnt another outright Big 10 League Championship trophy look look awesome
Maybe they can set up little 4-team divisions where the winner gets a trophy but other that, it's pretty much meaningless as far as who goes to the CCG.