B12 = Overrated

I can't answer that question, but I know that Iowa was undefeated against teams that made BCS bowls.

Well at least you have one thing to hang your hat on this year. I think you're selling yourself short when you fail to mention.

*2 game win streak
*Undefeated on a neutral field
*You won't lose any coaches to the NFL
*You beat an undefeated team in Minnesota
*You accomplished your record without playing Illinois
*You didn't finish last in your division, you were tied for last

I'm sure there are a lot more positives you can take away from this year.

Well at least you have one thing to hang your hat on this year. I think you're selling yourself short when you fail to mention.

*2 game win streak

As much as it hurts to listen to a clone, we all need to realize how far this program has fallen under ferrentz.

FreedComanche

*2 game win streak

There were some bright spots to be sure, but I don't think any year where you finish with the second worst record in your conference can ever be considered a good year.

There were some bright spots to be sure, but I don't think any year where you finish with the second worst record in your conference can ever be considered a good year.

For a clown fan, it's about getting to 6 wins and beating Iowa. They did it two years in a row, so I expect the CPR statue to go up outside of Jack Trice any day now.

For a clown fan, it's about getting to 6 wins and beating Iowa. They did it two years in a row, so I expect the CPR statue to go up outside of Jack Trice any day now.

That or they will change the name of the Stadium.

I can't answer that question, but I know that Iowa was undefeated against teams that made BCS bowls.

Ha ha, this is such a reach.. Because of a screwed up system that allows NIU to make a BCS bowl, taking credit for beating a MAC team at what amounted to a home game for Iowa.

How the might have fallen..:(

Ha ha, this is such a reach.. Because of a screwed up system that allows NIU to make a BCS bowl, taking credit for beating a MAC team at what amounted to a home game for Iowa.

How the might have fallen..:(

Puullease. To NIU I say this: scoreboard.

IMO, if a team had B12 attributes on offense and B1G, or SEC attributes on defense, that would be a recipe for a national champion...
Unfortunately, most teams that play B12 offenses on a consistant basis, end up with the statistics of B12 teams on defense...

The B12 hasn't a winning record against ranked opponents? That fact is quite misleading...
Ah, Texas AM was in the B12 the previous season. Didn't they beat 'bama this season?
IMO, the one offense in the SEC that 'most resembles' a Big 12 offense is Georgia.
Georgia's passing attack, IMO, wiped the field with 'bama.

Finally, what's the point that's trying to be made by the OP? Is this thread an attempted backhand to ISU?
IMO, I think many B12 offenses can wreck havoc on, for example, SEC defenses, or, for example, Notre Dame's defense. I'm not so sure offenses of the SEC or Notre Dame would keep up with B12 offenses.

I'm a B1G homer, but if you asked me, I have to say the offenses and defenses of the B12 are the most modern of any conference (not so sure that matters).

IMO, if a team had B12 attributes on offense and B1G, or SEC attributes on defense, that would be a recipe for a national champion...
Unfortunately, most teams that play B12 offenses on a consistant basis, end up with the statistics of B12 teams on defense...

The B12 hasn't a winning record against ranked opponents? That fact is quite misleading...
Ah, Texas AM was in the B12 the previous season. Didn't they beat 'bama this season?
IMO, the one offense in the SEC that 'most resembles' a Big 12 offense is Georgia.
Georgia's passing attack, IMO, wiped the field with 'bama.

Finally, what's the point that's trying to be made by the OP? Is this thread an attempted backhand to ISU?
IMO, I think many B12 offenses can wreck havoc on, for example, SEC defenses, or, for example, Notre Dame's defense.

I'm a B1G homer, but if you asked me, I have to say the offenses and defenses of the B12 are the most modern of any conference (not so sure that matters).

Good lord, is Herby ghost writing your posts for you? IMO I have no idea what the **** you're trying to say.

Come on, don't be a puss. Man up and realize that ISU has currently passed Iowa in football in this state. I just read that the top recruit in the state is going to ISU. ferrentz sucks!

FreedComanche

I don't think any of the SEC teams are worried about facing Big 12 defenses. Another positive on this season is we only lost by 3 to ISU who many claimed was their best team in the history of the program. Forgive me, I just became one of the we're good because we played K-State close.

90% of the league is bowl eligible with a 9 game schedule. Without the extra patsy for Minny and Purdue the Big 10's bowl picture looks a little different.