B10 Tie breaker question.

vikubz

Since MSU has beaten Wisc. and does not have a loss to OSU, shouldn't they get the Rose Bowl on head to head play? Isn't that the first tie breaker?

Since MSU has beaten Wisc. and does not have a loss to OSU, shouldn't they get the Rose Bowl on head to head play? Isn't that the first tie breaker?

No, since there's a 3 way tie and one of the teams didn't play the other it goes to overal record and in this case they are all tied so it then goes to the highest ranked team in the BCS. If it were just two teams tied the head to head would be first.

No, since there's a 3 way tie and one of the teams didn't play the other it goes to overal record and in this case they are all tied so it then goes to the highest ranked team in the BCS. If it were just two teams tied the head to head would be first.

I just don't like the TV guys who keep hyping that OSU has won another conference title. Yeah, they have the same conference record but Wisconsin is the champ. Same goes for when Iowa has tied OSU and it's said they shared the title, but they didn't cuz OSU won the head to head that year.

Just a nit I had to pick.

I just don't like the TV guys who keep hyping that OSU has won another conference title. Yeah, they have the same conference record but Wisconsin is the champ. Same goes for when Iowa has tied OSU and it's said they shared the title, but they didn't cuz OSU won the head to head that year.

Just a nit I had to pick.

You mean when Iowa tied Michigan in 04, because in 02 Iowa didn't play OSU and both finished 8-0 so that is truly a shared title.