B10 - the First Team to 60 Wins

eyekwah

Caught ESPN broadcaster discussing B10 basketball at the half or before the MN vs PSU game. They made the comment that in the B10 the first team to 60 wins. You read quite a few comments from critics on this forum of the style of play that Iowa utilizes. Obviously that style isn't confined to Iowa City as noted by the broadcasters.

It looks like the characterization of the B10 as "big and slow" in football has a parallel in BBall now, which is "first to sixty".

I thought the Big Ten would be better this year than it is. The Big 12 is probably the best league. Illinois has been a disappointment, and MSU has lost to the best of the ACC and the second best of the B12. Minnesota also a bit of a disappointment, and certainly Michigan has been a disappointment.

If Kevin Coble hadn't been hurt for NW, I think they could challenge for the league title....we'll get to see them do that next year when Coble is back, as will every other key player save one.

Of all the preseason prediction blunders I have made this year, the one I was right on was the strength of the Big Ten. Thought people were giving the league too much praise than was warranted.

I also overestimated the Big Ten this year. I think they are still solid 1-7 but not really FF quality at the top...Purdue with Lewjack might have had a shot,still might,and MSU can get better,but after that...solid but not top 10 type teams.
I still think 7 teams make the Dance,and maybe 4 advance to Sweet Sixteen...good but not the best...have to say Big 12 has the edge. Big East down a bit,and ACC/Big Ten...just ok...Pac Ten is really bad...SEC? maybe better than anticipated...Ky makes them relevant again.

Caught ESPN broadcaster discussing B10 basketball at the half or before the MN vs PSU game. They made the comment that in the B10 the first team to 60 wins. You read quite a few comments from critics on this forum of the style of play that Iowa utilizes. Obviously that style isn't confined to Iowa City as noted by the broadcasters.

It looks like the characterization of the B10 as "big and slow" in football has a parallel in BBall now, which is "first to sixty".
Minnesota scored 75 last night and is averaging 80. Maybe the commentators should do their homework.

Latest posts