B.J.

B.J. Armstrong is a real possibility. I have reason to believe he is very interested. Fans would rally around B.J. in a major way. Everyone loves B.J.-- I remember when Michael Jordan's son was little and they asked him who his favorite player was and he said B.J. Armstrong.

B.J. brings instant credibility with recruits. He brings deep Iowa ties. He could assemble a staff with more experience to help with operational aspects of running the program.

He brings excitement, and that is what we need right now.

If we can't get one of the top guys (Pearl, Drew, Pastner, Buzz Williams, etc.), I hope B.J. is considered. To me there is more upside here than with Keno.

B.J. Armstrong is a real possibility. I have reason to believe he is very interested. Fans would rally around B.J. in a major way. Everyone loves B.J.-- I remember when Michael Jordan's son was little and they asked him who his favorite player was and he said B.J. Armstrong.

B.J. brings instant credibility with recruits. He brings deep Iowa ties. He could assemble a staff with more experience to help with operational aspects of running the program.

If we can't get one of the top guys (Pearl, Drew, Pastner, Buzz Williams, etc.), I hope B.J. is considered. To me there is more upside here than with Keno.

HE HAS NO COACHING EXPERIENCE!!!!!! Although the fans may rally around him, he still needs to be able to manage the game from an x's and o's standpoint. If we want someone who can recruit and not coach.. why don't we go back and get George Raveling.

I know these what if things are fun, but in reality it can't happen?

We can't take risks or gambles with this hire. It has to be a proven coach. Period.

Just because he hasn't done it does not mean that he can't. That being said, we need someone whos name makes a splash, but they have to back it up with wins too.

Nothing like a coaching search to bring them out of the woodwork.

I wish they would go through the other 500 BJ threads and read those instead of starting another one. Then they would realize how stupid of an idea it is, and they will never make fools of themselves.

You don't think an NBA all-star could coach from an Xs Os standpoint? Of course he could. It's basketball, not brain surgery. B.J. knows the game. Plus, it is all about the players. Recruiting is the name of the game.

You don't think an NBA all-star could coach from an Xs Os standpoint? Of course he could. It's basketball, not brain surgery. B.J. knows the game. Plus, it is all about the players. Recruiting is the name of the game.

Who seriously thinks like this? This is so asinine it is almost upsetting.

Please hire him. That is a win for ISU everytime. Personally I think it would be a great hire. Never been a head coach or assistant. Never went out recruiting. Never had to come up with a game plan. Yet because he was a great player at Iowa and played for the Bulls, he's ready to take on the likes of Izzo, Matta, and Painter. Bravo. You may have a case.

So we should expect Isiah Thomas and Florida International to become a perennial power in the next few years? According to your logic, what high school player wouldn't want to play for one of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time.

Why is it that Clyde Drexler didn't succeed at Houston?

My God ... what are you smoking? B.J. doesn't even have junior high coaching experience. And now you want to bring him in to lead the University of Iowa? So, you think excitement alone is the sole attribute of the next coach?

Well heck, then let's bring in Adam Sandler as our next coach. He is exciting!? He doesn't have the deep Iowa ties but he did star in two sports movies (Billy Madison and The Longest Yard). Maybe he could get Carrot top and Joan Rivers as his assistant coaches.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with the attention hiring a super agent as a head coach would bring from the NCAA.

My God ... what are you smoking? B.J. doesn't even have junior high coaching experience. And now you want to bring him in to lead the University of Iowa? So, you think excitement alone is the sole attribute of the next coach?

Well heck, then let's bring in Adam Sandler as our next coach. He is exciting!? He doesn't have the deep Iowa ties but he did star in two sports movies (Billy Madison and The Longest Yard). Maybe he could get Carrot top and Joan Rivers as his assistant coaches.

So true, but I will admit it is better than those pining for Bobby Hansen to go from Broadcaster to coaching...

I think the New York Knicks said that a few years ago.

How about Les Jepsen??!! He is from the Midwest, some people liked him when he was a Hawkeye.... plus he is tall?

Latest posts