B. Ferentz on Recruiting

There's a reason he's recruiting Ohio. Aside from his playing career, he was a coach in perhaps the best organization in the NFL. I figure he has a pretty good sales pitch

Between Brian and our new offensive coordinator I would expect an significant uptick in the level of offensive player recruits we start to bring in. :cool: Not that we have a bunch of slouches now. :)

I think that's a good guess given the fact that KOK put most of us to sleep for the past 10 seasons.

Ohio is good for the Hawks and good for Brian Ferentz when he lands in the MAC as a head coach sooner than later.

I would be surprised if he lands in the MAC... ever. He'll either stick around Iowa and work his way up or leave to take a similar level head coaching job. If you've listened to his interview at media days you can tell how passionate he is about the success of Iowa football. It's in his veins. I would venture to guess he'll do what he can to remain in Iowa City. Call me crazy if ya want.

I would be surprised if he lands in the MAC... ever. He'll either stick around Iowa and work his way up or leave to take a similar level head coaching job. If you've listened to his interview at media days you can tell how passionate he is about the success of Iowa football. It's in his veins. I would venture to guess he'll do what he can to remain in Iowa City. Call me crazy if ya want.
Yep, I think he's here until Kirk retires. After that, we'll just have to wait and see.

Brian Ferentz will be the guy who takes over for his dad when he calls it a day in coaching. There will be no other choice for the AD. Brian wants a NC at Iowa and with the talent we have in the grooming stages...the next few years are going to get progressively better. We have young talent in the trench on both sides of the ball...and thats where the games are won.

Couple that with a more progressive offensive mind at the OC...and talent wants to play where they can shine. I'm liking where we are headed.

It's very comparable to what Paul Rhodes has going on at Iowa State....not.

Brian Ferentz will be the guy who takes over for his dad when he calls it a day in coaching. There will be no other choice for the AD. Brian wants a NC at Iowa and with the talent we have in the grooming stages...the next few years are going to get progressively better. We have young talent in the trench on both sides of the ball...and thats where the games are won.

Couple that with a more progressive offensive mind at the OC...and talent wants to play where they can shine. I'm liking where we are headed.

It's very comparable to what Paul Rhodes has going on at Iowa State....not.

I like the way you think and I hope it turns out to be correct.

Sorry, I'm real tired and I pretty much didn't need to repeat what you said!

No apolagies needed. I hope we are both right. I have always felt for a long time that our defense was adaquate but that our offense that was once good had become predictable and stale. I was glad changes were made. Let's hope it all works out for the best. Go Hawks Go!!!

Latest posts