Ava Jones

This is an example of courage and determination unfolding right before our eyes. I'm delighted that Hawks are honoring this gal's scholarship - living proof of the family atmosphere and culture of Hawkeye women's basketball.

I hope this gal improves to the point that she sees the court before exhausting her eligibility.

Takes lots of determination and focus to persevere
when progress is measured in inches. Here's hoping Ava reaches full rehabilitation and recovery from her injuries.

This is an example of courage and determination unfolding right before our eyes. I'm delighted that Hawks are honoring this gal's scholarship - living proof of the family atmosphere and culture of Hawkeye women's basketball.

I hope this gal improves to the point that she sees the court before exhausting her eligibility.

Takes lots of determination and focus to persevere
when progress is measured in inches. Here's hoping Ava reaches full rehabilitation and recovery from her injuries.

Well Said

I'd say the sky's the limit for Ava right now, why put any limitations on her.

Remember when she finally made it to Iowa City, she couldn't even lift her right arm, now she's shooting hoops both left and right-handed. And running the court.

Also, I wish I would have had one of those contraptions where miss or make the ball gets shot back to you rather than running all over the court retrieving your ball. And it tells you the percentage you are shooting.

It will be one special day when Ava finally does take the court at Iowa, whenever that is. At this point, it seems a matter of when, not, if.

I'm almost surprised at that the program seems to have kinda kept her on the down low. Maybe others have seen more of her then I have lately. But that's probably for the best. Let her recover without being questioned and pestered constantly about her recovery and everything that's happened with her and her family.

God Bless Bluder and how she handles damn near everything. I really really hope she's still coaching on Avas senior day. We all know there were no dry eyes for this last yrs senior day but they'll definitely not be for hers either.

Latest posts