Auto Play ads with sound still up?

BSpringsteen

Hey Jon - every time a page refreshes a MMA ad with sound comes on. Is this related to the post from a few weeks ago still?

I spoke with the video player provider today.

As of late next week, they are changing ad provider relationships...forming a partnership with the company in fact..and have been assured that ads with audio are not going to be a problem..some may sneak through the next seven or eight days, but we will instantly contact the company to have those campaigns removed.

As it stands now, they have opted us (and nearly every publisher) out of these campaigns, but the ad companies are being jickballs and pushing some through..which is one of the reasons they are changing relationships.

Believe me, I hate the things more than you do. They cause a lot of headaches that I dont want.

And that 'I WANT MY BELT BACK' might be the worst I have ever encountered. Just horrible.

They seem to be sporadic today. I had some sneak through a few hours ago for about 10 minutes, but haven't seen any since.

I am going to talk with then tonight. May just have then turn it off on the forums for the next week until they get their act together.

Isn't this an ongoing issue? At least on my phone I just have the ad banner. On my Mac I disable all flash and all ads. I got tired of ads just sneaking through that were long ago to cease. I know this post will be removed because Jon wants to keep this site free, bit.........

Latest posts