Austin writer hearing Penn State v A&M in Care Care

Meyer is not going to be coaching OSU in their bowl game,right? So really why would the Luke Fickel led OSU be exciting for the Gator bowl vs Florida? I hope that they decide to go with the better record Iowa to play Florida or Auburn in the Gator.

...And didn't we already hear that Gator wants the OSU/FLA match up pretty bad?

Insight picks first this year right?

Jon, I know you aren't one to post random or unfounded rumors, so does this writer have some type of credibility that would make you think this is anything more than the 1,000 other bowl projections out there? Just curious if that's all this is, or if it's some true inside information that can be counted on should the two up scenario become reality.

Jon, I know you aren't one to post random or unfounded rumors, so does this writer have some type of credibility that would make you think this is anything more than the 1,000 other bowl projections out there? Just curious if that's all this is, or if it's some true inside information that can be counted on should the two up scenario become reality.

This bowl stuff is a lot of guessing.

The writer has been a part of the Big 12 / Texas / SWAC scene for a LOOONG time. My guess is he has connections to that part of the country, real good connections, and probably heard it from someone he knows with ties to the Texas Bowl..and all these bowl people talk to the other bowls ahead of them.

Good deal. Sounds like it's more than just some writer throwing a guess out there, which is good for Iowa. I would personally be excited for an Iowa vs. Iowa State rematch. Being able to get a little revenge from a tough loss early in the season would be a nice way to cap off an otherwise disappointing season.

The Insight picks before the Gator. If OSU is available, I would assume they will take them due to their "cache"? Wouldn't you? That would leave Iowa in the Gator if this beat writer is correct.

My buddy has a friend in the fiesta/insight ticket office who is saying it's going to be Iowa/Baylor For the insight. Take it for what it's worth.

Meyer is not going to be coaching OSU in their bowl game,right? So really why would the Luke Fickel led OSU be exciting for the Gator bowl vs Florida? I hope that they decide to go with the better record Iowa to play Florida or Auburn in the Gator.

The Insight picks before the Gator Bowl, so unless the Insight surprises everyone and takes Penn St then the Gator Bowl won't be picking between Iowa and OSU.

Jon:

You probably have a better barometer than anyone with these things. Which location do you think would draw the most Hawk fans out of the three possible/likely? destinations?

The most Iowa fans to the game: Insight
The most Iowa fans traveling from Iowa to the game: Gator

Dont think there will be a great number of Iowa fans traveling from out of state to the game..but the locals in the Valley of the Sun will make it appear as though a lot of people made the trip.

The most Iowa fans to the game: Insight
The most Iowa fans traveling from Iowa to the game: Gator

Dont think there will be a great number of Iowa fans traveling from out of state to the game..but the locals in the Valley of the Sun will make it appear as though a lot of people made the trip.

There's a lot of us down here in Texas also.

Also, Bohls is one of the two lead writers for the Austin American-Statesman. He's not a total homer like so many writers are in college towns. I'd trust him more than I would trust many of the people out there.

Latest posts