Attention Dish Network Subscribers RE: BTN

I will give them until September 2nd to resolve this. I switched to Dish in 2007 because Mediacom didn't get BTN, I will switch providers again if they can't come to a resolution. This isn't Dish's fault but it's not mine either and I have options and will exercise them if I need to. That's the risk providers deal with.

On a side note if you don't plan on switching providers, this is usually a good time to negotiate some free service from Dish, like say their Sports Pack free for 6 months or something.

Until they actually drop it the Customer service people are completely clueless. Seen this happen before. Even after the fact they don't seem to know what's going on.

To get the best deal, a person should threaten to leave or actually change every two years. I've been with Directv for a long time now and I haven't paid for Sunday ticket ever. I know what I want when I call, and I'm prepared to switch if I don't get it. So far, so good.

Sonofa....

This blows if it happens. Also, the Big Ten blows for mentioning Urban Meyer in the original e-mail. Eff them.

Look on the bright side for those of you with dish. More than likely they will work this out and the BTC will get the extra revenue they want and DISH TV will gladly pass that cost onto their customers. :mad:

This will get resolved. A lot of people want this channel. AMC most people can live with out. As far as the Pro-DTV people the Viacom dispute says hi.It goes on with all the providers

I could never live without amc, the walking dead, breaking bad, that is enough to be glad I have dtv, I didn't miss mtv for that two weeks or so

$20 off my bill for 2 years and free Sunday Ticket says hi!

Directv has never been a problem for me. An annual telephone call, pushing them to show some appreciation to their customers, usually results in keeping the expenditure reasonable, and even getting some decent programming for "free".

Just called DTV yesterday... Got 30 off per month and free Sunday Ticket after threatening to leave.

So I called Dish to see if they knew anything about this. I threatened to leave and they offered to give me less programming to help me save some money each month. Uh, I'm not trying to save money... I'm trying to watch B10 football. Very annoying!

Anyway, I think I'm ready to switch to Direct TV. I'll get NFL Sunday ticket for free this year and reduced rates for the first 12 months. Dish kept going on and on about how I'll pay SO much more the following year. Has anybody done this? Does Direct jack the rates up a ton the 2nd year? I currently pay around 100 per month with Dish. I'm perfectly fine with anything around that amount for a monthly fee. Is that realist with Direct after the first year?

So I called Dish to see if they knew anything about this. I threatened to leave and they offered to give me less programming to help me save some money each month. Uh, I'm not trying to save money... I'm trying to watch B10 football. Very annoying!

Anyway, I think I'm ready to switch to Direct TV. I'll get NFL Sunday ticket for free this year and reduced rates for the first 12 months. Dish kept going on and on about how I'll pay SO much more the following year. Has anybody done this? Does Direct jack the rates up a ton the 2nd year? I currently pay around 100 per month with Dish. I'm perfectly fine with anything around that amount for a monthly fee. Is that realist with Direct after the first year?

Well the pay would go up because you lose NFL Sunday ticket after that first year. A good way to get it down though is to ask people you know for their Directv info and you can get $10 for 10 months for every subscriber you get. They add the months up, too, so if you get 2 subscribers, you have 20 months at $10 off.

So I called Dish to see if they knew anything about this. I threatened to leave and they offered to give me less programming to help me save some money each month. Uh, I'm not trying to save money... I'm trying to watch B10 football. Very annoying!Anyway, I think I'm ready to switch to Direct TV. I'll get NFL Sunday ticket for free this year and reduced rates for the first 12 months. Dish kept going on and on about how I'll pay SO much more the following year. Has anybody done this? Does Direct jack the rates up a ton the 2nd year? I currently pay around 100 per month with Dish. I'm perfectly fine with anything around that amount for a monthly fee. Is that realist with Direct after the first year?

The premier plan is $119 a month but I don't know anybody that isn't at least $10-$20 a month off their plan. You drop the movie channels and you will have no problem staying under $100 in the second year.

So I called Dish to see if they knew anything about this. I threatened to leave and they offered to give me less programming to help me save some money each month. Uh, I'm not trying to save money... I'm trying to watch B10 football. Very annoying!Anyway, I think I'm ready to switch to Direct TV. I'll get NFL Sunday ticket for free this year and reduced rates for the first 12 months. Dish kept going on and on about how I'll pay SO much more the following year. Has anybody done this? Does Direct jack the rates up a ton the 2nd year? I currently pay around 100 per month with Dish. I'm perfectly fine with anything around that amount for a monthly fee. Is that realist with Direct after the first year?

Been a DTV customer for about 15 years. You won't regret it.

Good information. It sounds like DTV is willing to work to keep their customers. I think I'm going to make the switch.

I am a little upset their HD programming is less than what I have with Dish but you've got to take the good with the bad. I want Sunday Ticket!!!

Oh, one last question, have any of you ever had an issue getting BTN alternate channels? I didn't see anything on their website about alternates.

Good information. It sounds like DTV is willing to work to keep their customers. I think I'm going to make the switch. I am a little upset their HD programming is less than what I have with Dish but you've got to take the good with the bad. I want Sunday Ticket!!!Oh, one last question, have any of you ever had an issue getting BTN alternate channels? I didn't see anything on their website about alternates.

DTV has them all.

Latest posts