Attendance is Barta's fault - Iowa only issue

Grew up in Chicago area, went to NW games as a kid with parents (alums), and one of my sisters was a pom-pom girl. We just figured if we were going to fly up from Florida and make a long weekend out of it, may as well be for a road game where we wouldn't be doing same stuff we always do back in Iowa: Amanas, shop in Williamsburg, and bitch/argue about where we would tailgate and where we would go post-game.
Makes complete sense to me! But you could also go visit the Field of Dreams!

Makes complete sense to me! But you could also go visit the Field of Dreams!

I did love it the first three times...:)

We just wanted to do something different. Our friends have never seen a game at NW, and Chicago can still offer up some good stuff for a weekend. Would never EVER move back to Illinois, though. Ann Arbor is depressing, and Madison stopped being fun once Wisconsin's drinking age was the same as everyone else's. That, and their accents are stupid. A great "one-night" town, but hell NO for a long weekend.

I did love it the first three times...:)

We just wanted to do something different. Our friends have never seen a game at NW, and Chicago can still offer up some good stuff for a weekend. Would never EVER move back to Illinois, though. Ann Arbor is depressing, and Madison stopped being fun once Wisconsin's drinking age was the same as everyone else's. That, and their accents are stupid. A great "one-night" town, but hell NO for a long weekend.
You need to get Ames on your visit list!

In your home, or for a second home?

We've used Airbnb several times, including Quebec City. Always had good luck with it, but the place we had in Quebec City was exceptional.
I have a spare bedroom that was collecting dust.
Only charge about $15 per night, BUT, it's an effective tax write off.

Yes, I have to report the income, however I write off, directly to the Airbnb business, 10% of:

all utilities (gas, H2O, elec, garbage, sewer)
misc: salt in the winter, etc
house cleaning
lawn care
insurance
taxes
internet
phone

I also replaced windows in the house and yup, three were in the Airbnb room. All deductible.

I have a spare bedroom that was collecting dust.
Only charge about $15 per night, BUT, it's an effective tax write off.

Yes, I have to report the income, however I write off, directly to the Airbnb business, 10% of:

all utilities (gas, H2O, elec, garbage, sewer)
misc: salt in the winter, etc
house cleaning
lawn care
insurance
taxes
internet
phone

I also replaced windows in the house and yup, three were in the Airbnb room. All deductible.

Nice!

I'm starting to think south. Girlfriends mom doesn't like it. Double edged.
If you tell her, well you have to live your own life, we can make a place to stay for mom.
She's happy.
Mom however is, that's way to far for me to be away from your siblings and grandchildren. Btw what about your kids?
Answer?
Well all of our kids are grown. And...... We will come home once a month, but.... Holidays??? You might want to join us.

Yet her mom loves me. I'm good for her, even if she is fucking psycho and I'm an asshole.
Jesus? Really?

Rob, she's had brick throwers and she has been one (not your brick thrower) but seriously, I have been on both sides of the fence too. So what the F, right??
We are heading south next weekend, and we are going to look at properties.
I hope that she gets a good vibe.

I'm starting to think south. Girlfriends mom doesn't like it. Double edged.
If you tell her, well you have to live your own life, we can make a place to stay for mom.
She's happy.
Mom however is, that's way to far for me to be away from your siblings and grandchildren. Btw what about your kids?
Answer?
Well all of our kids are grown. And...... We will come home once a month, but.... Holidays??? You might want to join us.

Yet her mom loves me. I'm good for her, even if she is fucking psycho and I'm an asshole.
Jesus? Really?

Rob, she's had brick throwers and she has been one (not your brick thrower) but seriously, I have been on both sides of the fence too. So what the F, right??
We are heading south next weekend, and we are going to look at properties.
I hope that she gets a good vibe.
Meth, or mini stroke with that post?

Attendance is now a much smaller portion of the the revenue stream. A cool $48 million/yr from BTN becomes the priority. Stadiums will pretty much never have the demand it once had. Just too many attractive and affordable options nowadays.

Latest posts