Attendance bump next year?

Should we expect one? And if so how much? Some of my friends that are die hard football fans still say they aren't buying season tickets for basketball. Is winning the only cure for exciting this fan base?

I think fans will turn out in better numbers at the beginning of the season because of the "newness" of everything. But, if this team continues to struggle, those same fans will quickly turn their money and time elsewhere.

Winning is the name of the game. This is a fan base that for 10 years has been sort of beat down with failed expectations and coaches who really didn't relate to the fans. Fran needs to win. Success on the court is the only thing that will turn this around.

Another 10 or 12 win season will quickly sort of kill off any momentum fans felt when Fran first came on board. And notching any more than 13 wins next season will be a stretch.

Fran has his work cut it out. This program was very broken, and when I mean broken, mostly I am referring to the fans. Ten years is a long time to lose fan interest. You can't expect them to show up overnight because a new coach is on board.

Fran will need to prove himself. As we all know, saying is one thing, doing is another. The results Fran shows will determine how soon the program, or if, the program gets back on track.

Latest posts