Atmosphere at MSU game

JHHawk

seemed energized ...ok I know the Hawks got off early and so that kept the crowd into it...but I cannot discount that having fans come down to courtside seats might have also been a factor.

For folks at the game, did many take advantage of this invitation?
Did it seem more lively around the court as a result?

I know you probably could not pull this off,but part of me wants the PA announcer to make the same announcement right before the games vs Wisky and Minny next week....would love to see some intimidating young rowdy fans ringing courtside for those two games...just to heckle Bo Badger Ryan as he cries to the refs. Tubby, I like,but Bo the Vampire needs to be hassled vocally as he works those refs.

Just thinking out loud. What the hell....we only have 4 home games left, and if there are empty seats around the court...fill'em anyway we can,I say. Of course if fans come with tickets, you give those seats up immediately,but otherwise....go crazy yelling at those badgers and gophers...we owe them both from football!

I agree, I thought it was a great idea and I hope they continue on doing it until the place starts filling up. I am going to the Wis game next week and will gladly move down 30 rows if possible. I think my son would enjoy being close to the court.
Also, I think Bo Ryan actually looks like a badger. He and the Fresno St football coach are the two NCAA coaches that could not look any more like their team mascot if they tried.

seemed energized ...ok I know the Hawks got off early and so that kept the crowd into it...but I cannot discount that having fans come down to courtside seats might have also been a factor.

For folks at the game, did many take advantage of this invitation?
Did it seem more lively around the court as a result?

I know you probably could not pull this off,but part of me wants the PA announcer to make the same announcement right before the games vs Wisky and Minny next week....would love to see some intimidating young rowdy fans ringing courtside for those two games...just to heckle Bo Badger Ryan as he cries to the refs. Tubby, I like,but Bo the Vampire needs to be hassled vocally as he works those refs.

Just thinking out loud. What the hell....we only have 4 home games left, and if there are empty seats around the court...fill'em anyway we can,I say. Of course if fans come with tickets, you give those seats up immediately,but otherwise....go crazy yelling at those badgers and gophers...we owe them both from football!

They were that excited huh? Sounds messy.

Me
Line

I agree, I thought it was a great idea and I hope they continue on doing it until the place starts filling up. I am going to the Wis game next week and will gladly move down 30 rows if possible. I think my son would enjoy being close to the court.
Also, I think Bo Ryan actually looks like a badger. He and the Fresno St football coach are the two NCAA coaches that could not look any more like their team mascot if they tried.
:D:D:D:D

Also, I think Bo Ryan actually looks like a badger.

url

url

I've always seen more of a resemblance to this bird, especially after Ryan came in and started picking apart the carcass that was Iowa basketball left by Todd Lickliter and found a tasty morsel in Iowa recruit Ben Brust.

I'm really hoping for another great atmosphere Wednesday night, if the Hawks keep winning more students will continue to show up. Their support against Michigan State spread throughout the arena that night and created an environment not like what we have seen at Carver for a long time. Lets keep that going!

It's all about putting the students on the floor, at least behind the baskets and benches. Why doesn't Iowa get this?

I think it was a great idea. Hope it continues.

By the way, the best coach/mascot ever was Jon Chaney from Temple. The dude was an Owl.

Latest posts