Athlon's way too early '11 predictions

Stanzi and the offense put the team in position to hold a lead in 4 of the 5 losses. He rarely had more than a minute on the failed 2 minute drives and when he made solid decisions he was often failed by receivers or the offensive line.

Stanzi made his share of errors at the end of games, but he got little help from either the offense or the defense. Iowa's coaching staff deserves a share of the blame here as well.

I have watched at least 1 game of all the leading QBs in this season's draft, and Stanzi will likely move up in other peoples lists after the Senior Bowl and especially after the Combine.

The Division races will be up for grabs next year because the Big Ten as a whole will be WAY down. We lose so many good QBs, and that doesn't count Pryor's 5 game suspension.

And although Michigan State has a lot coming back, they had a remarkably favorable schedule this year and got absolutely blown out in their 2 losses, look for MSU to lose 4-5 games next season with a considerably tougher schedule. Iowa has as good a chance as anyone to win the Legends.

25 TD and 4 INT in regular season..just the third Iowa QB in history to top 3000 yards for a season...highest QB rating for Hawkeye QB all time for a season...

Wow. Tough crowd if this was 'just above mediocre'.

Statistically, it was one of the top five seasons in Iowa football history

Stats hardly tell the whole story here. Stats don't tell of the confusion on Ricky's face at the end of halves in general and the end of games in particular. If stats did tell the whole story a QB with a TD to Int ratio of 17-6 wouldn't lose his job.

20 years ago I would have taken Ricky's stats and eaten them up. I would have explained away his shortcomings. As I've gotten older I prefer winning, especially championships, over all else. The Ricky we saw this year is not the same QB we saw the previous 1.5 years. The stats say say he was better, the results suggest otherwise.

In case you're wondering I'm Brady and Montana over Manning and Marino.

Latest posts