Athletes we have yet to see...much

kirby

Who will be impressing the coaches during bowl-prep that we don't already know a lot about? McCall is a known, as is Canzeri and KM-M, IMO....Coaches will get a solid look at the young talent, so who are the athletes that will "flash"?

I say watch out for Duzey...had Oregon offer and tons of speed for his frame. Not sure if he will stay at TE. Do we need someone out of Henry K-C, Duzey to switch to D?

AJ Derby--First full time wk at LB? DE?
Don Shumpert--Tons of athletic ability there
Frosh WR: Grant/Hillyer
Collin Sleeper--is this experiment over?
Nico Law--Sp Teamer w/ some nice hits
J. Cotton--Briefly saw the field
J Lomax--must be close, as he was used on Sp Tms
D Bullock--Future safety or WR?
C. Fisher/J. Poggi--both coming off serious injuries
LBers on Sp Tms: Lowdermilk/Alston/Collins
DL? Spears/Cooper/McMinn/Hardy/Trinca-Passat
TE: Hamilton (Saw field)/Henry K-C/Duzey?--

I'm not expecting much from Cotton. I think there is younger talent that will pass him on the depth chart. It's too bad too because I thought he would emerge but you just don't hear anything about him.

There is potential there. Not a lot of size, but some decent speed. If they're going to be undersized, particularly on defense, they should take advantage of their speed. It will be interesting to see if the staff adjusts accordingly.

Who will be impressing the coaches during bowl-prep that we don't already know a lot about? McCall is a known, as is Canzeri and KM-M, IMO....Coaches will get a solid look at the young talent, so who are the athletes that will "flash"?

I say watch out for Duzey...had Oregon offer and tons of speed for his frame. Not sure if he will stay at TE. Do we need someone out of Henry K-C, Duzey to switch to D?

AJ Derby--First full time wk at LB? DE?
Don Shumpert--Tons of athletic ability there
Frosh WR: Grant/Hillyer
Collin Sleeper--is this experiment over?
Nico Law--Sp Teamer w/ some nice hits
J. Cotton--Briefly saw the field
J Lomax--must be close, as he was used on Sp Tms
D Bullock--Future safety or WR?
C. Fisher/J. Poggi--both coming off serious injuries
LBers on Sp Tms: Lowdermilk/Alston/Collins
DL? Spears/Cooper/McMinn/Hardy/Trinca-Passat
TE: Hamilton (Saw field)/Henry K-C/Duzey?--

This is a make or break 5 months for Shumpert. This is his 3rd year in the program and at times this season Grant has been in the game before him. Is Hillyar ahead of him too?

KMM, two years younger, is light years ahead of him right now.

Staggs & Cotton have also played before him at times.

If he doesn't make a move by the end of spring, probably not going to make it.

Hoping for Cooper, kids from there seem to have a good work ethic. I wonder what weight he is now? Came in at 280, I would think 290 and time to learn could turn him into a force.

IMO, Cooper and Johnson will be in the mix at DL. Also Lomax and Campbell at CB as the nickle.

Blythe is RS and is projected to be the Center, that may change if Boehm switches to Iowa, if so Blythe will stay at guard
as for Lomax i think he backs up Miller, and Cambell backs up Hyde, with Lowery starting in place of Prater and Law for Bernstien
my new comer to be a impact player is RS FM Cooper on the D-L

Blythe is RS and is projected to be the Center, that may change if Boehm switches to Iowa, if so Blythe will stay at guard
as for Lomax i think he backs up Miller, and Cambell backs up Hyde, with Lowery starting in place of Prater and Law for Bernstien
my new comer to be a impact player is RS FM Cooper on the D-L

I agree, we are going to need Blythe ready to play OL. I am wondering about Cooper as well, if he can get strong enough and big enough to plug the center, he has a real good shot. Johnson wants to play also and is about the exact same size. Whoever takes it upon themselves to put in the work, including: gain weight/strength, plus learn the system, will be playing first.

This is a make or break 5 months for Shumpert. This is his 3rd year in the program and at times this season Grant has been in the game before him. Is Hillyar ahead of him too?

KMM, two years younger, is light years ahead of him right now.

Sorry to rain on your analysis but Shumpert and KMM are both in their second year as they were both part of the 2010 class.

not sure where people get the idea Morris to small to play LB
there are 4 kids taller than Morris
AJ, Nielson and Getz at 6'4 and a 6'3 Foster that is a RS FR,
otherwise the others are 6'2 or 6'1,
Morris is 6'2 the fall roster before the season had him listed at 227 lbs
put another 8-10 lbs on him and he is the same size as Hunter
Hodge was only 6' 235 and played MLB
Morris is a WSLB not a middle backer, the sad part about Morris is he needed a RS year to gain weight and muscle mass, next year he will be a JUNIOR, Kirksey was a RS FR this season so he made a lot of FR mistakes hot to mention he started out as a WSLB before switching to the SLB, that's alot to ask of a 2nd year FR as well as Morris switching from MLB to WSLB
LB will not be the problem next year as i think the merry-go-round at the positions will stop and they can work on one position
Derby at 6'4 232 lbs just needs a few lbs of muscle and training @ the LB spot and he is good to go
no need to put 35-40 lbs and turn him into a DE

Last edited:

Latest posts