At what point to do blame Fran for this crap?

QuadCityHawkeye

Honestly this trend of late season collapses is unacceptable. Siena fans warned us of this and it just might be who Fran is as a coach. I think he constant yelling is hurting this team because these kids don't respond to it. They just hang their heads when the going gets tough and play scared. There isn't one leader out there and no matter how much Fran yells and screams nothing changes.

You can't say this level of collapse is acceptable at all. Something is wrong with our team and I'm starting to think it's at the top.

Sorry but those are the facts. Yes I remember the Lick years because this stuff can't happen this far into Fran tenure.

It's downright embarrassing.

Last edited:
You can't tell me a team gets hot twice in three seasons only to fall at the finish. That's a coaching problem folks.

Could you imagine if Ferentz did this stuff? Won the first 7 games and then finished 7-5 two out of three years? That's the equivalent of what is going on out there in hoops.

As a fan, at some point can't you simply be content with a nationally ranked, NCAA tournament lock team?

we went through a period of complete dog **** that extended over a decade. That period was preceded by nearly 3 decades of above average hoops. That 3 decade period ended because f'ing morons thought that we actually had a legit opportunity of being some national powerhouse.

As a fan, at some point can't you simply be content with a nationally ranked, NCAA tournament lock team?

we went through a period of complete dog **** that extended over a decade. That period was preceded by nearly 3 decades of above average hoops. That 3 decade period ended because f'ing morons thought that we actually had a legit opportunity of being some national powerhouse.
I have a problem with how they finish. Lick was a terrible fit and coach but not even Tom Davis pulled this crap. Sorry but late season collapses after showing hints of great basketball tells me this guy isn't a very good coach.

How in the hell do you go from beating MSU and Purdue twice and then this stuff? That's coaching plain and simple.

If Iowa loses out are they really a lock? They look like hot garbage right now.

Kids don't even care out there. You can't defend this folks. There is a problem on this team and it's Fran. He brought these kids in and they've crapped the bed 2 out of 3 years.

The nation is laughing at us and rightfully so. What a freaking joke.

Great mentality. "Let's accept late season collapse after late season collapse because at least we're not bad."

Kids don't even care out there. You can't defend this folks. There is a problem on this team and it's Fran. He brought these kids in and they've crapped the bed 2 out of 3 years.

The nation is laughing at us and rightfully so. What a freaking joke.

The nation couldn't give 2 ***** about the Hawks and never have!

I'm already there...Fran's got some serious issues with this program he needs to work out...I appreciate what he did...but that doesn't give him a pass for 2 total and complete collapses now.

I'm already there...Fran's got some serious issues with this program he needs to work out...I appreciate what he did...but that doesn't give him a pass for 2 total and complete collapses now.
This times 100. Either he's recruiting the wrong kind of kids or he cannot coach when teams make adjustments. Either way those are both on him.

AND we just gave him and Barta an extension recently. Brilliant!

Honestly this trend of late season collapses is unacceptable. Siena fans warned us of this and it just might be who Fran is as a coach. I think he constant yelling is hurting this team because these kids don't respond to it. They just hang their heads when the going gets tough and play scared. There isn't one leader out there and no matter how much Fran yells and screams nothing changes.

You can't say this level of collapse is acceptable at all. Something is wrong with this head and I'm starting to think it's at the top.

Sorry but those are the facts. Yes I remember the Lick years because this stuff can't happen this far into Fran tenure.

It's downright embarrassing.

You might want to fix this. Lol.

Not when you're Top 5 in the country, Top 10 for several weeks. Then now we're staring at 5 losses out of 6 games.

No.

Unacceptable.

Sorry, but this team has "first round exit" tattooed all over them.

Some of it may be on him, but two times down the floor he was yelling at them to run the motion offense and they literally all stood there for all 30 seconds of the clock while then dribbling into 4 people. Twice in the last 3 minutes.

It has nothing to do with coaching and that record is misleading. You have to remember that it is going to be skewed in the wrong direction from what he had to start with.

I'm going to guess too that he didn't want Gessell on the floor the last couple minutes and was leaving Baer out there to try and make a basket (something Gessel can not do), also Baer was better defensively (unlike Gessel who just let Yogi hit another 3 with 2 seconds left on a shot clock ungarded.)

Sorry, but most of these are on the players. Iowa went 0-10 down the stretch AGAIN, that is NOT the coach. It's literally re tard ed to think that the coaching makes you miraculously not make baskets.

Latest posts