At This Point, Akrum Wadley’s Mother Wants Him Back at Iowa

Of course his mom is going to be diplomatic regarding KF, but this is what we do know:

1. Despite being practically the entire offense this year...especially against good defenses....Wadley didn't merit any recognition whatsoever in the end of year team awards.

2. Despite being practically the entire offense this year....showing speed, agility and the ability to make people miss on the outside and toughness and the ability to move the pile inside....the best his head coach could say during the year was "It'll be great when Akrum can get his weight up above 190."

3. When KF was asked during bowl prep about the chances of Akrum turning pro....rather than taking the opportunity to praise the unique skillset Akrum brings to the table, he made it a point to say that he doesn't know of any sub 190lb running backs in the league.

4. After the game, when reporters were asking Akrum about his bowl performance, he made a weird statement about how he didn't want to talk about himself anymore....that his new year's resolution was to talk more about the team. Gee, I wonder who that came from?! And for the record, the guy ALWAYS started off by praising his Oline and praising LD's efforts during the game.

If I were him, I wouldn't even give it a 2nd thought. Just leave man.

wadley should have to run for 3000 yards in order to win the heisman for next year's Iowa team that's likely to finish around the .500 mark

The roll of the dice for Wadley is what if he's told 4th round is his ceiling with 6th or 7th most likely? Is that worth it to him? He better be more than ok with being picked Mr Irrelevant before jumping ship because until he goes through the Combine/interviews and whatnot it may just be a crap shoot at where he'll land. Teams have found real value in guys like that Hill kid at KC that's been tearing it up. And Sproles/Woodhead type of guys too. But at what round do you take them if they are under 200lbs with no shot at being more than a 10-12 touches a game type of player? As much of a stud as he is at Iowa and the college level in general the NFL is a different ball game. Ask Freddy Russell... Or better yet he could talk to Brandon Wegher. He's had a cup of coffee on teams in training camps and practice squads and has yet to stick and make much money. Sticking around and raising his draft stock to a possible 2nd rounder next year might just be the risk to take. I've really been torn myself on all the angles of his situation. As is his own family it sounds like.

It's a tough call. I hope he makes the right one for him., but selfishly I'd love to have him back playing for the Hawks next season. Good kid, real talent.

The way he made top level athletes on Michigan and Florida miss him...I would guess that there are lots of NFL teams that are coveting a chance to pick up him up 4-6...and figure out what to do with him later...a good problem to have.

You believe everything said in news? Guy drove into my yard once with blood alcohol of .44. Had to shock him several times to bring him back. The police were jerks and almost contributed to his death. Police were being cagey with me because i was trying to prevent shock as he was on the ground in sub zero temps. Officer asked for my statement since i took the keys. I said, you saw his condition. He wasnt exactly dong donuts. He just drove into my yard. In the paper.....he was doing donuts in my yard.

Who knows what was said about K F.

Interesting story.

But the respect Akrum and his mom have for Ferentz was a direct quote from his mom. Are you saying Rob made up that quote?

You believe everything said in news? Guy drove into my yard once with blood alcohol of .44. Had to shock him several times to bring him back. The police were jerks and almost contributed to his death. Police were being cagey with me because i was trying to prevent shock as he was on the ground in sub zero temps. Officer asked for my statement since i took the keys. I said, you saw his condition. He wasnt exactly dong donuts. He just drove into my yard. In the paper.....he was doing donuts in my yard.

Who knows what was said about K F.
Crazy. The game of telephone.... Was it the police that told the paper that or did the paper just write what they thought would sell? One of those things you'll probably never get the honest answer to.

Crazy. The game of telephone.... Was it the police that told the paper that or did the paper just write what they thought would sell? One of those things you'll probably never get the honest answer to.

The police denied it, but I checked with the paper. They showed me the report. I went back to the police and they acknowledged what I had said, but they refused to change the report.

It was my daughters birthday and the kids noticed there was a car in the yard.

He died several years later of alcohol poisoning. Prior to his death he stalked me as he was angry over the report that was in the paper. He sent me things you can order COD like knives and books about murder. I got it to stop when I contacted the postal service investigators and told the companies I would consider any more as gifts. For about 3 years afterwards, I would get a knife on the anniversary of his death until I got the police to visit his son.

I probably saved his life as the police weren't going to take him to the hospital and when they opened the car door he fell over on the frozen ground. It was like 10 below and he was in shock. They were just going to haul him in. I called 911 again and got the ambulance/paramedics. They shocked him 3 or 4 times when his heart stopped.

For that he stalked me. I had met him at a football game once and he seemed like an OK guy. He lived a block over and thought he was on his street. Our garages on are opposite sides and he thought that was the driveway was.

Of course his mom is going to be diplomatic regarding KF, but this is what we do know:

1. Despite being practically the entire offense this year...especially against good defenses....Wadley didn't merit any recognition whatsoever in the end of year team awards.

2. Despite being practically the entire offense this year....showing speed, agility and the ability to make people miss on the outside and toughness and the ability to move the pile inside....the best his head coach could say during the year was "It'll be great when Akrum can get his weight up above 190."

3. When KF was asked during bowl prep about the chances of Akrum turning pro....rather than taking the opportunity to praise the unique skillset Akrum brings to the table, he made it a point to say that he doesn't know of any sub 190lb running backs in the league.

4. After the game, when reporters were asking Akrum about his bowl performance, he made a weird statement about how he didn't want to talk about himself anymore....that his new year's resolution was to talk more about the team. Gee, I wonder who that came from?! And for the record, the guy ALWAYS started off by praising his Oline and praising LD's efforts during the game.

If I were him, I wouldn't even give it a 2nd thought. Just leave man.

Are you serious? Wadley has some serious talent but he still has sone serious growing up to do. Wadley still likes to high step into the endzone even after all his success. Wadley still can't pick up a blitz whatsoever. I was shocked when the tv announcers for the outback bowl said Wadley did a good job picking up the blutz because I have never seen that before. Then I realized it was #29 who picked up the blitz, not #25. The announcers had mixed up Daniels and Wadley. It makes sense that it was Daniels picked up the blitz. It makes sense that Daniels was a team leader.

Yes Wadley has more talent than Daniels and many of his teammates, but he clearly did not do it all.

Are you serious? Wadley has some serious talent but he still has sone serious growing up to do. Wadley still likes to high step into the endzone even after all his success. Wadley still can't pick up a blitz whatsoever. I was shocked when the tv announcers for the outback bowl said Wadley did a good job picking up the blutz because I have never seen that before. Then I realized it was #29 who picked up the blitz, not #25. The announcers had mixed up Daniels and Wadley. It makes sense that it was Daniels picked up the blitz. It makes sense that Daniels was a team leader.

Yes Wadley has more talent than Daniels and many of his teammates, but he clearly did not do it all.
Your not wrong about any of this at all. I would only add that as far as the show boating part of things goes so does 85% of the other players currently in the league... He'd just fit right in if that was all. I agree blitz pickup won't be what he'll be asked to do out there a bunch. He'll either be a decoy on plays in playaction or they'll try and put the ball in his hands.

Any coach who wants him to perform blitz pickup is a moron. That's not his talent. Stubborn coaches use players incorrectly. Trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole is asinine.

If you have Jerry Rice on your team and you want to use his blocking skillz rather than his catching skillz - well that coach would be stupid.

Stars aligning... how are these stars for you:

1). Returning O-line mostly intact from this year.

2). New QB, as were ALL aware, will lead KF to call an abundantly higher percentage of runs to pass.

3). He found a groove this year as a 2nd Rb. He will be THE back next year and he will get a lot of carries

4). Still no passing game, however I think Stanley next year will be exponentially better than Beathard this year, so we will rely heavily on the run, giving whoever the RB is AMPLE TDs.

5). I called this year being bad from the beginning. I didn't think we'd beat ISU (or Michigan for that matter). I'm going on record now saying if Wadley and Jewel are back, we make it to the B1G title game in another season where we do well in spite of poor coaching.

6). I've heard that Davis is going to be given a diminished role, IF he returns (evidently from the sound of it, that will be his choice :-( )

Not sure I agree with #3. Wonder if the reason Wadley is considering leaving is that he doesn't believe KF will utilize him as a feature back. KF firmly believes he's not a workhorse back and can't handle lots of carries. I bet Wadley thinks he will split touches with Toks as a Daniels/Wadley duo part deux

#5 I don't agree with. Mich is removed from the schedule and MSU/OSU are both added, we still have PSU as well. Jaleel and Faith are gone so DL is definitely diminished no matter how good the backups are. Dez is gone as well. That's not just at a DB level but KO/punt returns. Don't discount that. We do have some young talent back there but we certainly can't count on the D to win games like we did this year. We will also have a first year QB which usually means a learning curve no matter how talented they are. OL and LB's are solid (although outside Jewell the LB's are a little suspect). I would like to see more Mends. And as dumb as this may sound....Coluzzi is gone. Don't discount how good he was. Wait did I just type that?? Wow. So, there are plenty of moving parts so I think it's a stretch to say we will be in the B10 title game in spite of bad coaching.

#6 - Honestly, if you are going to give him a diminished role, his ego at that point would probably bounce....and I'm FINE with that.

The police denied it, but I checked with the paper. They showed me the report. I went back to the police and they acknowledged what I had said, but they refused to change the report.

He died several years later of alcohol poisoning. Prior to his death he stalked me as he was angry over the report that was in the paper. He sent me things you can order COD like knives and books about murder. I got it to stop when I contacted the postal service investigators and told the companies I would consider any more as gifts. For about 3 years afterwards, I would get a knife on the anniversary of his death until I got the police to visit his son.

I probably saved his life as the police weren't going to take him to the hospital and when they opened the car door he fell over on the frozen ground. It was like 10 below and he was in shock. They were just going to haul him in. I called 911 again and got the ambulance/paramedics. They shocked him 3 or 4 times when his heart stopped.

For that he stalked me. I had met him at a football game once and he seemed like an OK guy. He lived a block over and thought he was on his street. Our garages on are opposite sides and he thought that was the driveway was.

Good grief. What a horrible experience for you. Alcohol is a poison for some, no doubt. Sorry you had to go through all of this after trying your best "good Samaritan" role. Thanks for that.

Holy sh*t! This is like a movie! Wow. So the guy sent you knives and stuff then after he died his son kept sending you these things? What ever happened to the son?

Holy sh*t! This is like a movie! Wow. So the guy sent you knives and stuff then after he died his son kept sending you these things? What ever happened to the son?

Don't know. After the police talked to him (in another city) it stopped. One of the murder books was about a plan to kill a father of the exact number of kids I have. It was creepy. Apparently he was really upset about the report.

The police weren't happy with me because I pulled the keys out of the ignition after turning off the car. Then I questioned about shock as it was possible he was diabetic, though he did smell bad of alcohol. Then I called 911 while they were there as I could see he was in trouble. My dad was an officer and I used to ride with him, so I'd seen a lot of possibilities and was concerned about him. I got him covered and they didn't like that either. Sad story though about his demise. It happens. I didn't know alcohol content could get that high and survive.

So we do know what she said about Ferentz.

We know what she said to the reporter assuming it was Rob because I would believe he reported what he heard if he was the one told. We don't know if what she said is what is really real.

Hopefully he is back to jump over Rob again. That was cool.

TOP 10 Rushers in NFL This Season

1. Ezekiel Elliott (1st rounder, 4th overall)

2. Jordan Howard (5th round, 150 overall)

3. DeMarco Murray (3rd round, 71 overall)

4. Jay Ajayi (5th round, 149 overall)

5. Le'Veon Bell (2nd round, 48th overall)

6. LeSean McCoy (2nd round, 53rd overall)

7. David Johnson (3rd round, 86th overall)

8. LaGarrette Blount (undrafted free agent)

9. Devonta Freeman (4th round, 103 overall)

10. Lamar Miller (4th round, 97 overall).

Any under 200 pounds?

Latest posts