At least KF is aware that he has a problem under center

desihawk

I came away with a slightly different take from KF's comments and thought it merited a thread.

KF usually gives nothing away in post-game pressers. But he definitely slipped for a moment last night before recovering back into deadpan mode.

Q. Was there any point late in the game where you thought about taking James out and bringing Jake in?
A. I thought about it .... blah blah

This is the first time he admits thinking about yanking JVB ever. He still covers up the momentary slip and concludes that "Right now, James is our quarterback"...but seriously this is MAJOR news.

Now why didn't the next guy go in last night? Could simply be KF over-analyzing things and deciding not to throw a new QB in his first start to the wolves. Wish he would keep it simple. QB having bad day. Try new one. If it doesn't work, put original fellow back after refreshments. In any case, last night is over with.

Going forward, just based on KF admitting that he "thought about it", I would say JV is finally, truly, really, definitely possibly on a tight leash and might be pulled out after another bad half.

Screens and horizontal passes do work with the right personnel. So does running up the middle a lot. Both work (see Jets v. Patriots) but you have to be able to execute.

Keep dreaming, he really just needs to pull Greg Davis from the program.

I honestly don't think this is the answer. This system has shown glimpses of what it can look like. If our WRs didn't always have to make a play on the ball, they would be able to get upfield on those short routes. Accuracy, efficiency and execution is what this offense is lacking. The system can work. GD inherited an offense with players more suitable to KOKs system.

Screens and horizontal passes do work with the right personnel. So does running up the middle a lot. Both work (see Jets v. Patriots) but you have to be able to execute.

So if you cant execute do you keep doing the same things over and over that do not work or do you try something different? I mean Greg seems to think the a fore mentioned makes more sense,,,,,,

I honestly don't think this is the answer. This system has shown glimpses of what it can look like. If our WRs didn't always have to make a play on the ball, they would be able to get upfield on those short routes. Accuracy, efficiency and execution is what this offense is lacking. The system can work. GD inherited an offense with players more suitable to KOKs system.

He should have built his system around them.....not players he used to have in Texas not to mention it wasnt working he last few years there. So I have to disagree, he was a horrible hire.

Latest posts