Assuming Iowa is 6-2 When Michigan Comes to Town ...

I understand what he is trying to say, but those of us who have been around a long time, know how to read a team....this team will win these next two, and then we can evaluate the michigan team...who knows by then d robinson might be hurt...but I think we beat Mich. and MSU will be a struggle, but since it's at home..I give a slight nod to Iowa.

I believe this is one of those years that we are a great home team but bad on the road due to our youth and inexperience. Therefore, I could see us beating Indiana, Minnesota (can't see the Gophers winning a conference game), Michigan and MSU. Our loses to Purdue and Nebraska to finish the season. That still leaves us with an 8-4 record. Just my opinion..
If Iowa is 8-2 heading to Purdue with a stranglehold on the Legend Division, I can't see us losing there.

My point exactly. To think that Iowa is a "lock" to win any of our remaining games is just ignorant. Time and time again Iowa has lost to a team they are much much better than. Last year was the perfect examples and they should have lost to Indiana too. That dude catches that ball 9 out of 10 times.

I initiated this thread as a talking point about what if, as in "assuming".

There is no mention of "locked" or sure wins against Indiana and Minnesota.

I will say this, Iowa has the best chances of winning these two games as opposed to the final four opponents, and if Iowa losses to either or both Indiana and Minnesota then November could get real ugly for the Hawks with very little to no chance of Iowa going to a bowl game this year.

I have Iowa losing only at Nebraska the rest of the way...with a matchup in the Big Ten Title game vs Wisky or PSU. Tossup.

Re: I don't think youth and inexperience will play much a role...

in whether or not Iowa wins/loses games.

On offense

Reiff - fourth-year junior, 3-year starter
Gettis - fifth year senior
Ferentz - fourth year junior who has started 19 straight games
Zusevics - fifth year senior who has started 19 straight games
TE - Herman is a 5th year SR, Derby 4th year junior, CJF in 2nd year.
McNutt- 5th year senior
Davis - junior
Coker - sophomore who has started last 8 Iowa games
FB- most inexperienced
Vandenberg - fourth year junior

Defense

Binns - 5th year senior
Daniels - 5th year senior
Nardo - 5th year senior but first time playing much
Daniel - 5th year senior
Alvis - 3rd year sophomore
Morris - sophomore who started 8 games last year
Nielsen - 5th year sr
Kirksey - sophomore
Hyde - junior who has started 19 straight games
Prater - senior, 3 year starter
Bernstine - 5th year senior
Miller - sophomore

More youth on defense, but we are not a "young" team. 10 true freshmen have played but most are on special teams and backups at this point.

Interested if Iowa can progress off the Northwestern game. Just want to get to 6-2 so that November means something with UM and MSU coming to town.

Duly noted.

Michigan plays Iowa VERY well in Kinnick and often wins. I will be very surprised if Iowa beats Michigan this year. Michigan could put up 40+ on the Hawks this year. And their defense is getting better all the time so it is doubtful that the Hawks can put up that many against Michigan.

The MSU game is a game where we always play well. That is always a good game. Except for last year, most games go down to the wire. That game is a toss up.

We will be on the road against Purdue and unless we change and start to play well on the road, we could very well lose that game.

NE, again, if we play like we have been playing on the road, ...a loss.

Indiana and Minnesota...we should beat them at home but who knows what team will come to play/

I think 3 and 3 and possibly 2 and 4 is more likely for our last six games.

I think we take care of Indiana with ease (at least I hope). Minnesota worries me. They are crappy but will find a way to have success and be in the game. We have to play with energy and play well or that game spells disaster in my opinion.

Oh boy, kiss of death.

This team can't look ahead at all. Let's try to beat Indiana, and then go from there

Very true! Fortunately I'm not on the team so I will offer my input. I think the Hawks win easily against Indiana and Minnesota - the Gophers are a train wreck this season and our road woes shouldn't be a factor. Hopefully that will help this team build some confidence when the 2 Michigan teams come to town. While I don't expect us to beat them, I wouldn't be surprised if we knocked off either one (I feel MSU is the better of the 2) as they both have their weaknesses. Purdue on the road will be tough but I feel like Iowa has a much better team and will only get better as the season progresses and should be playing some pretty good ball by then. As for the final game at Nebby? I think the Hawks will have to play out of their minds to win that one, the toughest game on the schedule...but it can definitely happen!

I'm thinking 7-5 but wouldn't be surprised with 8-4 either.

I agree that we will be 6-2 after Minny. Then, and this makes me want to puke, but I see another end of the year collapse. I see no chance of us containing Robinson. MSU has a stellar defense and will be very motivated after the butt-whippin we put on them last year.
Purdue is a toss-up. On the road @ nebby is a very tough assignment.

I'm still calling 6-6. We are an average team. Not great, not bad.
Plus I want to see Olivecourt ban himself for life.

I see 7-5. losses to Mich, Mich St and Nebby. Those teams have improved from last year and Iowa has digressed. MSU's D is pretty good and Iowa will struggle with Denard and Martinez. Just look at the ISU game, struggled mightily against Jantz, who is not the QB that either Robinson or Martinez are, with poorer supporting staff.

My gut tells me that right now we're most likely sitting in 7-5 to 8-4 territory. More importantly ... I don't think that ANYTHING will come easy either. This squad is going to fight its darndest for everything it gets. The good news is that I really believe that this squad has a fighers mentality.

Right now, I'd say that the closest thing to a "sure loss" is the game against Michigan State. Their D is just too good. Furthermore, they'll be motivated because we pasted them last year. Besides, just look at what Penn State's running game was able to do against us.

The way that Michigan and Nebraska have been run-blocking ... I definitely have my concerns there too. Heck, Purdue has been pretty effective running the ball too.

Right now ... I'm of the impression that we'll have to sneak out a victory against the trio of Michigan, Nebby, and Purdue just to go 7-5.

However, if Iowa's D can continue to make strides ... and if the Ds of the aforementioned trio continue to have some of their own issues ... then maybe, just maybe Iowa can eek out 2 wins. It ain't gonna be easy!