Assuming Iowa beats Nebraska and plays in Big 10 conf game…

jawdoc

Is it pretty safe to say…
1) Brian stays OC
2) KF contract is extended another couple yrs
3)next season will be every bit as bad of a start as this yr

I'd say even if Iowa loses to NE (which is unlikely) your scenarios will hold. With that said, hopefully our next year QB will be a more accurate passer earlier in the season and a lot more mobile.

Idk how much longer Kirk wants to stick around.

if Iowa wins the division, this may be a good way for Kirk to go out. Doing it his way. He can in a polite way tell all his critics to STFU. While other programs were firing their head coaches and offensive coordinaters and changing their starting QB in mid-season, Kirk was insisting he had to change absolutely nothing and all Iowa had to do was practice, practice, practice. To a certain extent he was proven right.

But that also shows that Kirk missed the point. He knew he had a problem on offense back in August and came up with a plan that did not really fix the offense, not even in November. The end result was a season that somewhat wasted a truly elite defense.

And let's be honest, this is the ceiling for Iowa under Kirk. He is not taking the program any higher than this. Kirk's style is good enough to win the Big Ten West and for winning games outdoors in November, but that's it. It's not good enough to win the Big Ten and not good enough to make the 4-team CFP, although Iowa got close in 2015.

Finally I think Kirk has accepted that Brian is not a lock to take over when Kirk retires. The offense is simply too awful to justify a promotion and Brian has other character related issues. Enough issues anyway to make Phil Parker and Lavar Woods better internal candidates to take over for Kirk one day. Just give the head job to Parker already. He's more than earned it.

1. Don't be suprised to see Brian go. He wanted to leave after last year. He'll be an easier hire after the late season win streak.

2. If our AD has half a brain he'll do the perpetual one-year extension to protect recruting...nothing more. Certainly not the one-sided guarantee that KFz currently enjoys. But that's a might big "IF"

3. Next season will start a little better. The O line we started 2022 with was the floor.

Here's the real question. Who will be the starting quarterback? At least one Hawkeye sportswriter has suggest it's somebody not currently on the roster. Are we still looking at the DeLaurent kid from SEMO?

Oline is priority #1. Develop, build depth with 1-2 transfers and recruiting, and get Proctor in the mix.

Should at a minimum be better, and could be a Lot better.

QB will continue to be a question. Can we catch some luck and get a gamer the coaches don't neuter.

Lachey, hopefully Johnson, Bruce, Vines, Brecht... AJ, Williams, Williams, Patterson backfield. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel that is more overall talent than we've had in years. You get Oline improved and a solid Qb....

Add in what should be a good defense again....

Lol... hope is a dangerous thing

I don’t care about any of that… I want the hawks to wear all white alternative uniforms in Indy. It’s being discussed

I thought the question of this thread was going to finish..."which team would you rather play, Michigan or OHio St. I didn't see the first Iowa/Buckeye game, and didn't see their game yesterday vs Maryland. But I know that Iowa was 6 yds away from being down 20-14 to Michigan with 5 min remaining. Since then, the Wolverine QB McCarthy has lost his mojo, and they were down to their 3rd string RB vs Ilinois by the end of yesterday. Illinois dominated most of that game. Bring on Big Blue...hoping they can pull it out on Saturday.

Beat Nebby and win a bowl game and Kirk should ride off into the sunset a fairly happy camper. Notice I said nothing about Indy as it isnt worth mentioning.

Latest posts