Ashton Gaines

hawkfarmer

Per TOS Iowa is the frontrunner. probably cause we are the only school that has offered him. Sounds like he could be a WR or CB, and with his size I'm leaning toward CB. I prefer receivers that are 6'1"+. Sounds like he's pretty interested. Gotta love that anyway. Thoughts on Gaines, or his position?

Well I'd like to think he is targeted for a CB spot but with the volume of offers to WR's its hard to tell what the plan is.IMO the coaching staff has reached a point where they know the kids with the skills to play the game so most end up signed with an open book as to what they can become.

Given Iowa's needs at WR ... I'm inclined to believe that Iowa is most likely recruiting him at WR. If he doesn't stick at that position, then I'm sure that the defensive coaches would be happy to nab him.

Agree with the need, but there are a lot of offers out to WR in this class. Not sure if nabbing a bunch of them will work if we get a few commits (smaller receivers) unless a few may turn CB. Not sure our chances but would love to get those two from Illinois, or just one and that big kid from Texas (Lee) and the Grant kid from out east all sound like big targets.

Given Iowa's needs at WR ... I'm inclined to believe that Iowa is most likely recruiting him at WR. If he doesn't stick at that position, then I'm sure that the defensive coaches would be happy to nab him.

What does it mean to "nab" someone?

And Iowa IS recruiting him as a WR, and considering how early they offered, my guess is they wont move him.