As Dandy Don said Turn out the lights

longtimer

Fran is not going to get a chance to add to his 4 NCAA tournament wins in his 14th year. I guess they still have a shot at playing Western Michigan in the NIT in front of 2500 screaming fans. That may not even happen as the rest of he schedule is pretty tough. Bottom line is we just aren't a good team. Next year better??? Probably not

Lol, I remember Don M singing that song after crucial plays in games. I wonder how many posters on the forum even have a clue who or what you’re talking about?

How can you predict they won't be better next season lol. We don't even know who will be on the roster.

I do too. After graduation I was a Cowboy season ticket holder for seven years. The 1964 season, my first, they had their best record ever. Five and five.

Fran is not going to get a chance to add to his 4 NCAA tournament wins in his 14th year. I guess they still have a shot at playing Western Michigan in the NIT in front of 2500 screaming fans. That may not even happen as the rest of he schedule is pretty tough. Bottom line is we just aren't a good team. Next year better??? Probably not

Funny how the Fran haters forget about the time we almost won the damned Tournament, but ran into a buzzsaw against Baylor at the Garden.

Funny how the Fran haters forget about the time we almost won the damned Tournament, but ran into a buzzsaw against Baylor at the Garden.
Nice team, nice run. You don't forget but still that was 2012. Besides the OP said it looks like he won't add to his NCAA win total and that NIT run didn't add to that total either. Probably will be adding to his NIT win total this year. Not quite dead yet but not an unreasonable opinion for those who think the NCAA is not happening for them this year anyway.

Last edited:
Nice team, nice run. You don't forget but still that was 2012. Besides the OP said it looks like he won't add to his NCAA win total and that NIT run didn't add to that total either. Probably will be adding to his NIT win total this year.

A deep run in the NIT is a great stepping stone to building a credible tournament team. That deep run is still paying dividends to this program.

A deep run in the NIT is a great stepping stone to building a credible tournament team. That deep run is still paying dividends to this program.
Nice basketball adage and certainly can be true. What is the point? Saying that doesn't mean they will have a deep NIT run this year. You think they will and longtimer thinks they won't have a deep run. We will see what happens but 2012 is not gonna have any bearing on this years NIT run. Didn't help them in 2016-2017 in the NIT. Giving up 94 points at home to TCU was a bad defensive effort. Heck the BTT championship run didn't seem to help them out with their NCAA first round woes. Nice 12-2 run and BTT champs but still lost to Richmond.

Iowa is 14 - 11 right now. Games at home with WI & Pedo St; 2 games with ILL Annoy; @NW; @MSU.
How many of those are W's? Suspect they won't be favored in any other than home vs Pedo State. If that holds true, that's 15 & 16, going into the B1G tournament. Win 2 of those and it's 16 & 15.
Does the NIT take teams at or below .500? I don't know. Does the CIT? Would Iowa accept a CIT bid to get the players the experience?
Not wanting to be the voice of doom & gloom, as we have seen the Hawks play very well at times--just noting that the assumption that Iowa makes the NIT is perhaps presumptuous.

Hope they do! Time will tell!

That was the OP. You don't have to agree. If they still don't feel it that is fine too. They obviously are not done or were not done esp. since the BTT is still there and if you win you are in. In reality you don't shut the lights till the record is not good enough and they are eliminated in the BTT.

Maybe the OP is doing some reverse psychology thing. They feel that is how things go so in saying they won't do this and that the opposite will happen.

Latest posts